DJM-85- - Noise Effect. Damn that shit is LOUD!!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Worst effect ever. Not sure why it's even on the mixer.

Noise on a mixer hitting 0db will be significantly louder than the music on the channel.

I hate it on the 900/RMX, i know i can edit it on the RMX but wish i could on the 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Worst effect ever. Not sure why it's even on the mixer.
    This is why I'm getting the RMX-80
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

You could have just bought a DJM800 seven years ago, it doesn't have a Noise effect either.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    You could have just bought a DJM800 seven years ago, it doesn't have a Noise effect either.
    But it DOES have a £600 higher RRP.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    But it DOES have a £600 higher RRP.
    ....But is still in circulation an obscene amount of time later. Chinese bargain bin equipment tends to last a year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    ....But is still in circulation an obscene amount of time later. Chinese bargain bin equipment tends to last a year or so.
    If you do some research on it you'll see it's a far cry from the Behringer DJXes you might expect it to be; plus it's still not a cheap unit by any means, at £720 retail it's a serious chunk of cash for a mixer. Well worth it though; some features even the 900/2000 doesn't have

I found some good spots to use the noise to basically add an extra flair to to some breaks, or let it roll off with the bass. It takes some messing around and you can't overuse it, but it's a nice little touch sometimes. I don't own a DJM-900 but I've rented them and played on them, and it's just like everything else, if you fuck with it enough you'll find a place to use it. (Note: I usually spin breaks or DnB... other genres it might fit so well).
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

As everyone has said it is too loud... and to use it on a channel that's not being used.

But basically once you decide that is it's use i actually love it! It's the sort of sound that needs it's own volume control in a way cause you want to bring volume up and down to create nice sweeps.

Us in combo with echo on the beat fx and too.

Agreed it'd be nice to turn it down in a setting or whatever but i actually like using it on it's own channel now.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast