Traktor seems to have reset?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor seems to have reset?

Hi, last night I had apple phone me regarding my touchpad not seeming as responsive as it should be intermittently and my battery needed servicing?Anyway the guy got me to do a a few things resetting some stuff on the macbook. Battery seems to be behaving now as does the trackpad. I went on traktor last night for a play and everything worked fine.However, this morning I've opened up traktor and the set up wizard came up as if it was a fresh install? All my settings have gone, my track collection and play lists all gone. Cant even find all the history in the archive as all that seems to have gone too. Anyone any ideas what may have happened? Ive put my collection back in now, seems the tracks seem to be analysing when I load them into a deck? I have lost my very basic midi map for flux mode too, now when I try to redo it I can't get it to work.
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

What stuff did you reset?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Sounds like your 'traktorsettings.tsi' is corrupt although that would not delete your history etc. That would only happen if your collection.nml was missing or corrupt.

Have you got a recent back up of your TSI or your Traktor folders..?

I saw your Facebook message mate but fell asleep, last nite was a late one

Reloaded settings from July so not so bad.Have imported track collection back in, although they seem to be re analysing when loaded into a deck.All playlists have gone.And my midi map for flux has gone. I go into controller now on the sw, click add new then go to select kontrol s4. In the ports and all that is there is traktor virtual port? And when I press learn and the cue button its not reciving the midi signal?Any ideas what's gone on?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

When you click save collection, where does it save too?

It saves in the actual collection.nml in the Traktor folder.
    I do a weekly "Export Collection" to a folder on my desktop even though there are backups made by Traktor. It's peace of mind that I have a current collection and faves etc saved.

Traktor will be analysing tracks added after the old collection (that you have restored) was imported. The tracks will have your cue points but the transient will be missing.

Are you using the import function in the drop down in Controller Manager or the big IMPORT button at the bottom? Use the drop down or you will overright the whole TSI.

What happens when you connect the S4 ? Does it automatically use the default mapping? You can add your new midi assignments to the empty default mapping.

As far as midi goes, I just created a new generic midi, named it flux mode. Added in the flux on, repeated it for all 4 decks and assigned the cue button for each deck as the on/off button And its working again now. S4 is working as it should now along with my Technics.Think i will start to export my collection once weekly to my desktop, haven't a clue what has happened, never done anything like this before.

ive sorted all my problems Doh!! i have moved my native instuments folders without realising from documents into another folder within my documents, movd it back and hey presto all my settings are back, my playlists are back and im happy again... didnt realise what i had done...thanks for help those who did

I'm coming round to slap you with a kipper...!!!

...seriously , glad it's sorted mate. I've was actually thinking of you before wondering what the bloody problem was cus it didn't really stack up. Now it does.

Haha I need slapping after doing that. I took my Macbook into apple today as my battery has been playing up for some time now showing service battery. It will be full, then lose it after an hour, took it in and it doesn't do it, they run their tests battery shows up passed o nly has 200 cycles on it.Said they can't do anything as it had passed at that point. I said leave it on asleep in my bag and I'll be back later after we've had a walk around.Took our daughter for her dinner, walked around, this is when I sussed out what I'd done regarding traktor haha, anyways still hasn't don't anything so I said as we was about to leave I'll just check the macbook once more and I took it out and bingo the battery had died, Belting, went back to apple and showed them and they are now putting a new battery in under the apple care I've got, and are going to test it once that's in make sure there is no faults on the other components ie the logic board etc etc, made up it went like that before I got home. So had it 2 years and 9 months but still get a new battery done under warranty :-) has news can't go on my decks now till I get it back:'(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast