Backups and Redundancy (for professionals) - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I might go to a 17" model when they drop the haswell update - especially if I could move beyond 750GB SSD and 16 GB of RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I'm running rMBPs - it's way different. Also, wouldn't booting from a backup be faster and easier?
    To each their own. Each person should do what they are comfortable with. And if you are religious with your backups, then yes just booting your backup will be the simplest, but I have found that most people aren't that disciplined. Any new songs/work/changes done since the last backup obviously will not be available.

Here's a video showing how to swap out the SDD in a rMBP. Takes about 10-15 mins

Just knowing that once you swap the SSD/HD your setup will be exactly like it was prior to the hardware failure, should have a calming effect, in what can be a very stressful situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    I have found that most people aren't that disciplined.
    You haven't met me!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by stinky View Post
    Apple laptops are consumer gear. Consider buying something a little more rugged. Like a Lenovo T or X series, a Panasonic Toughbook, or a Dell Latitude ATG. Needless to say, no OS X on those.
    +1

There's an old adage that say's anything with 'Pro' on it really isn't pro at all

Lenovo all the way. Proper business computers that have to work all day, everyday because if they don't the sky will fall down

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345