Midi Out Issues

Thread: Midi Out Issues

Tech Mentor

Default Midi Out Issues

Hello y'all,

I'm currently writing a new mapping for my X1 mk1, and am having issues with mapping the midi output. I can't get any of the X1's buttons to light up in response to any outs that I map. I have tried mapping play/pause and hot cue output to the X1 (so I can see if the deck is playing or if a hot cue slot is filled), but the buttons simply won't light up. I am quite confused, as I just mapped my dicers without a hitch a few months ago.

I found a workaround for the play/pause indicator - go into the controller editor and set that button as a toggle. However, I still can't figure out a way to make the buttons light up if a cue point exists on the X1. I have tried most iterations of parameters for controller range and midi range, but to no avail. On the other hand, the dicers function just fine. Can anyone shed some light on what is going on? The DJTT article ( http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/05/3...ds-in-traktor/ ) doesn't seems to help for this specific problem.

Oh, and do you guys know if it is possible to map the state of a remix deck cell (filled or not filled) to a midi controller? I can't find the command for that in Traktor.

midi map 1.jpg

midi map 2.jpg
    Last edited by dayvue; 09-22-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: add pictures

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Is your MIDI out port set for the X1?

Tech Mentor

Yes, it is. Definitely a good thing to check!