Dancehall Anyone?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

We used to listen to saxon, coxsone, sturgav etc. soundsystems

http://www.youtube.com/user/VIBEZ4ALL/videos is an awesome channel, I haven't heard so much new stuff but crews like T.O.K and ward 21 are right up my street and you can add chinese assassin and black chiney to that too, great dj's. I really enjoy stuff like studio 1, coxsone, trojan, jackie mitto, soul vendors etc.

controllerism very much reminds me of dancehall, all the bleeps and noises they used to play over the top of songs and the echo box (multiple headed tape machine!!!) effects.

I agree completely Reggie. The new glitch sounding dnb works well with a reggae lyric and the crazy effects. Almost like making old school jungle mashup style live. Traktor <3
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Tech Mentor

In that case, have a look out for 'jungle cakes' some really superb stuff :-)

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBeat View Post
    I think he also collaborated with Busy Signal who is an English dancehall artist, right?
    Busy is from Jamaica! So good to see a thread about dancehall/reggae in here. It's all I spin.

Big up JA: http://imgur.com/a/xIGBi#162q62s

I love to listen to Dancehall and Reggae, however, I can't see me ever mixing it Love Vybz Kartel, Barrington Levy, Tenor Saw etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

#bumaye!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Wizard

Default Yes, I

I'm a full-time reggae guy, too. All genres. I used to just select, but now I want to get into mixing with Traktor once I get a different controller. On that note, I want to know if and how you guys beatgrid your tracks in Traktor because the auto beatgrid seems to always be off since I started loading and analyzing tracks. This is not exactly EDM or hip-hop, after all (although Dancehall may work more easily.) Good luck with dub, ha. Reggae's not a real beat match genre, but it is nice to get some blends in.

So yes, I'm also watching this thread eagerly, and hope we can get some tech tips for mixing with Traktor in addition to artist/music opinions and advice.

One last thing: I'd like to request a Mad Zach reggae sound pack. It would be awesome to have some samples to layer over with the midi fighter, do some live dub stuff, even a quick bank with some horns, lasers, etc.
    Last edited by mistaRC; 11-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Tech Mentor

I've always enjoyed deep classic roots music and dub, but a guy from this very forum got me into modern roots dancehall via this mix :

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=39826

Been really feeling Fantan Mojah and Richie Spice lately..

!!! AWESOMER !!!
    Remixes, DJ Mixes, Awesomeness @
    http://soundcloud.com/awesomer
    Chat With Us In (Unofficial) DJTT IRC @
    irc://irc.rizon.net/djtt

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mabonzo View Post
    HI folks

I do understand that DJTT is geared more towards electronic music {loose term}, but I was wondering if their other out here that into dancehall, reggae and other sounds of the Caribbean??

Hey man, DJMACCO here im also a Dancehall DJ, looking for fellow Dancehall DJ's!

Check my stuff out brah

Have you got any mixes?

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by mistaRC View Post
    I'm a full-time reggae guy, too. All genres. I used to just select, but now I want to get into mixing with Traktor once I get a different controller. On that note, I want to know if and how you guys beatgrid your tracks in Traktor because the auto beatgrid seems to always be off since I started loading and analyzing tracks. This is not exactly EDM or hip-hop, after all (although Dancehall may work more easily.) Good luck with dub, ha. Reggae's not a real beat match genre, but it is nice to get some blends in.

So yes, I'm also watching this thread eagerly, and hope we can get some tech tips for mixing with Traktor in addition to artist/music opinions and advice.

One last thing: I'd like to request a Mad Zach reggae sound pack. It would be awesome to have some samples to layer over with the midi fighter, do some live dub stuff, even a quick bank with some horns, lasers, etc.
    Big up DJTT massive. I don't beatgrid my tunes in Traktor, especially because a lot of the older stuff isn't in perfect time. I just tend to spin in relative mode, drop hotcues on the 1, and manually beatmatch from there. I'm not a sync user anyway, especially because I switch between DVS & vinyl a lot during a gig.

Question for the selectors out there, how many of us spin dubplates?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast