Top 40 censored
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top 40 censored

Default Top 40 censored

Hey, so I am gonna be playing at a high school Halloween dance on the 31st of October. I usually dj clubs SO this is a change for me. Is there any place I could find a lot of censored top 40 music? Because I'm not sure if I can play original "dirty" top 40 stuff. If anyone has any tips for djing a dance please shout them out! Thanks.

iTunes, just look for non explicit versions.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

itunes can add up quickly. if you're part of the DJCity record pool I would highly recommend it for radio friendly top 40 tracks. I DJ highschools all the time and I use itunes top 100 as a reference and then get what i need from the record pool, well worth the price tag.

Censoring is BS. If you can't play the original version of a song don't play it. Radio version will encourage them to get that song and most likely they get the original no censored version. the once that already know the song will be singing the uncensored version in their mind.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

you can do alot of censoring yourself.

-you can do it beforehand maybe in ableton or something.

-or do it live (i prefer this) scratching, lo pass filter, reverse there are all kinds of cool tricks.

Tech Wizard

my mp3pool that i am registered has both versions of songs like 95% of the time..

yes just grad the tracks usually name (radio edit) or (radio version)

Brick City Boys - Brick City Beats (radio edit)

Something like that and youll be fine

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDude8547 View Post
    itunes can add up quickly. if you're part of the DJCity record pool I would highly recommend it for radio friendly top 40 tracks. I DJ highschools all the time and I use itunes top 100 as a reference and then get what i need from the record pool, well worth the price tag.
    This is exactly what I do for weddings. DJCity is my go-to for just about all my Top 40 needs. A lot of the really good remixes will also have clean edits as well, so you can play all of those without having to worry about all the f-bombs.

If the price is too steep for you (understandable), I got together with a couple of my DJ buddies and we just pooled the funds. My friend set it up, and we use his login credentials. He lets us know when the bill comes in, and we just throw him the cut. Split 3 ways, it's much more doable. Good way to make some friends too. Just be sure they're people you can trust
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | 2x Stanton ST-150 Turntables | Traktor Kontrol F1 | MacBook

www.mixcloud.com/sunshineraleigh

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Jeeze, in my old school the DJ would have been hung if you played an uncensored version

Clean versions are funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast