VCI 400 + Denon 3900 with Traktor?

Default VCI 400 + Denon 3900 with Traktor?

Trying to find the best way to set these up so that I can use the mixer controls of the VCI 400 with 2 3900's for deck C and D for scratching and juggling. Is this possible with Traktor without buying an external soundcard? I know that I could use them through the stand alone function, but would prefer it through Traktor. Would midi mode from the cdjs to Traktor, and then out through the VCI 400 work? I really don't want to buy another piece of gear, and suppose I could just go with the 2900s, but I really want the spinning platter, as I miss the feel of my technics.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Tech Guru

Pretty sure you're in the same boat no matter if you get 2900's or 3900's. They both aren't HID supported by Traktor. They have the hybrid midi mode, and it's really good, but you still need a Traktor Scratch certified soundcard. MIDI mode really isn't a good option when it comes to using a platter, and not even sure if the 3900's platter can be MIDI mapped in Traktor. The 3900's are really nice, but you're going to need to use another soundcard and maybe purchase Traktor Scratch if you don't have it, to use them in Traktor.

Side note.... I have a pair of barely used 3900's up for sale

Yeah.. I have been eyeballing them. So, I could possibly purchase an Audio 6, and then my output would be 96khz, but doesn't the 3900 generate timecode already? So I would only need the A6 to get going, and then could use have all four decks.. So native support through Traktor is not the same as HID?

Tech Guru

Yea Hybrid/Midi mode generates a timecode signal. I think the native support might mean there's mappings, but yea they are not HID supported like the CDJ 2000's etc

Yeah, honestly, the HID isnt that important to me. I scratch on my VCI 400 and it sounds damn tight, and thats plain midi. I only am looking for a spinning platter for some tricks a static platter won't do. Plus the larger platter, and having the time code built in.. yeah. I am going to get them, I don't know if you will still have them by the time I have the cash, but I will hit you up when I get ready to pull the trigger.

Tech Guru

Havent really been pushing to sell them so I might still have them. here's the link just in case http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=73342

thanks.