Maschine Studio - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Maschine Studio

Tech Mentor

Ahh, I am no longer as impressed as I was with it then

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I believe what they are referring to here is the need to have the laptop right in front of you because you needed to use the keyboard to load, cue, browse etc. Having a controller means less taping on the keyboard but the laptop is still important, it can just be put to one side now because you don't need to fiddle with it as much.

I think people are getting way ahead of themselves thinking that the hardware is gonna get so advanced that the need for a laptop id redundant. This is still quite a long way off in my opinion.

I always think that the next steps discussed on this forum are often the steps after the next steps. I guess thats the nature of a forward thinking forum... no bad thing... just a bit optimistic.
    That's what I originally meant. They want the laptop they just don't want to constantly refer to it. I agree with you Karlos I don't think laptops will go away anytime soon, I'm just eagerly awaiting the day when Traktor becomes more like Maschine, where all the info you need to know is available on the hardware while the software just hums along on the laptop. Hell even something as simple as the loop indicator saves me from having to look at the laptop as much.

Tech Guru

I really think the all-in-one hardware solution is a bad idea, especially for a DJ gear. It only makes the development process more complicated because now they have to factor in additional components for the hardware. What about feature upgrades? While i'm sure you could upgrade the firmware or onboard OS I doubt you'd be getting features like more fx, remix decks, flux mode. What if you decide you like the software but not the hardware? You can't just switch to a different midi controller.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    That's what I originally meant. They want the laptop they just don't want to constantly refer to it. I agree with you Karlos I don't think laptops will go away anytime soon, I'm just eagerly awaiting the day when Traktor becomes more like Maschine, where all the info you need to know is available on the hardware while the software just hums along on the laptop. Hell even something as simple as the loop indicator saves me from having to look at the laptop as much.
    This ^

It would be awesome having those screens built into a midi controller with cdj style jogs for Traktor. Make the pitch fader a high res touch strip and have it switchable between decks. Laptop screens are bigger and better but only when you are in a booth with enough room.

OK - The "extra-large, high resolution" screens look really pretty on NI's site - but how good or bad are they really, at 272 x 480?

Tech Mentor

480x272 makes them about as good as a PSP (original) screen, they look about 4.3" in size, they'll be adequate.

Just FYI - we're giving one away at maschinemasters.com.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456