Mapping several identical controllers in TP1.2
    Tech Mentor

Default Mapping several identical controllers in TP1.2

Hi Guys I'm trying to map 3 EKS Xp10 to traktor pro 1.2 and either there's a bug or the user is a moron - social science tells us that mostly both assumptions are true.

Now I thought the idea was that with the update each identical controller could be assigned to a different port and after setting it to deck assignment you could just copy one mapping to another without midi changing channels or anything.

As I wrote Traktor just shows me one port for all of the XP 10s. I tried changing the midi channel in the EKS editor but that didn't change anything either.

shouldn't I just more ports when plugging in more than one????
    Cheers
    j.

Tech Guru

AFAIK all you do is make one mapping (while selecting the device target in the deck selection), load that one mapping into multiple general midi controller and assign the device target deck. in each of the mapping you select the controller that this mapping should "see" and you are done.

i dont have TP 1.2 here to check this out .. but if you have the traktor bible, then check the updated chapter on their website.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

Well basically that's what I thought too, but after mapping a second logical controller doesn`t 'see' a second physical one, So I get multiple logical controllers but they all react to exactly the same midi notes etc.