Traktor 2.6.4 timecode issue?

Default Traktor 2.6.4 timecode issue?

I had a quick go on my turntables earlier after putting a new pitch fader in one of them.Works spot on now :-) anyway after maybe 20 mins the decks started saying low time code check needles, check time code?Never had any problems in past 2 years using turntables and my time code vinyl until this latest update?Anyone else experienced anything similar on the latest update ?
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Probably just dust build up mate. The new warnings are more sensitive and flash up more often so that users check/clean timecode/needles more often to avoid a really bad signal and worse problems.

I'm constantly cleaning everything by habit but many people just expect timecode to soldier on despite being covered in crap.

As long as it isn't affecting playback it's fine.

I take it Chris worked his magic on the iffy deck then?

Oh and I got the mic, forgot to tell you. Spot on pal :-)

I changed the pitch fader myself Karlos, Chris was going to do it for £30 but i seen a new pitch fader on eBay that came complete on the pcb board so no soldering required for £35 i got in last night and took the old one out, put the new one in, set the zero as per service manual with my multi meter, and only needed slight adjustment from the pot under the platter for the range, so now zero is perfect +3.3%, +6% and -3.3% is virually bang on and i have adjustment around the zero and below now whereas before it jumped out from zero and there was no fine adjustment underneath between say zero and -1% so your bpm would jump from 122 to maybe 120ish with nothing between. Im thinking of getting some Technics headshells with Stanton 505 v3 cart's and stylus on them off eBay, they are £89.99 for the pair brand new, what you think of those as at the mo i have 1 trackmaster concorde on one and the other has a Ortofon pro 1 concorde on it, plus i could do with one of those little brushes to clean the needles with. Glad your happy with the mic, its like a new one isnt it mate
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

I use a static brush like this to keep the records dust-free. It really makes you realise how dusty a house can get!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/AudioQuest-R.../dp/B0006VMBHI

What version of MBP are you using?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

hi, i use a mid 2009 17" 2.8ghz 500gb hdd with 4gb ram i think off the top of my head, never had these problems before. It's probably dust as im naughty and leave my vinyls on the turntables when im not using them, aslo ive only got one lid till the weekend when i get the other one. Need to start taking the timecode vinyl off and put it away and get a brush for my needles too.