Traktor Pro 2 Low Volume Recording Issue??

Default Traktor Pro 2 Low Volume Recording Issue??

I am trying to record my set in Traktor Pro 2 but when I play back the file, the sound is incredibly low. I am using a VCI-100, Numark DJ/IO soundcard, and a HP laptop; no external mixer. I searched the forums but most everyone with this problem is using an external mixer.

I set the settings in Traktor to internal for the recording and have messed with the gain knob on the audio recording panel but have had no luck. Even messed with my audio settings on the laptop trying different combos, but cant find the right one. Anyone have any solutions? Thanks.

Tech Guru

What are your headroom, MAIN out, deck, and record gain settings?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

What he said. But I've always had to put my mixes into Audacity and adjust amplitude. I normally apply a limiter and compressor while there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser720 View Post
    What he said. But I've always had to put my mixes into Audacity and adjust amplitude. I normally apply a limiter and compressor while there as well.
    Audacity is the tits. I use it for exactly this and to be able to properly label the mix with my dj name and convert to mp3 aswell!

Tech Guru

What do the volume meters look like in the recording panel?

Thanks for the help everyone. I realized that my main gain knob was low (because my output speakers are loud so I turn the main gain down in traktor). Once I adjusted the main gain in traktor and turned down my speakers, recording level was perfect.