Need some advice with speakers

Default Need some advice with speakers

So i got asked to dj a house party. The house where ill be playing isnt that big(getting my buddy to measure it as i post this). I am gonna rent the speakers from my local music equipment store but think a pa system will be a little overkill. anyone have any ideas or advice? My mixer is a Numark M1 usb, so you get an idea what the outputs are.

thanks.

Some peavys on a pole should suit you well from you local rental shop(look for about a 200 watt system). Should be right around $50 plus deposit. You could also always try to find some Cerwin Vega Floor Speaker(they are awesome for House Parties)-- Search Craigslist for those.

yeah if you're not sure about the amount of speakers/power, I'd say give the music equipment store a call and ask them for advice (or just walk into their shop).

Tech Mentor

for a club shakin' sound think of square meters, then think 2 persons for each square meter. Considering your are on a closed room go for something that will give ya 8 Watts RMS per person .. so if the room is about 60 square meters, that means 120 p x 8 -- around 1000 w rms , so that would be something like 500 w rms bass 250 w rms+250 w rms mids and highs per side ...
    These are not absolute rules but very good guidelines...

A Numark M1 should have RCA Outs ... better get some DI's to balance it (XLR ou JACK TRS)...