Recording my Dj set....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Recording my Dj set....

Hey there! I am using a pair of Cdj 2000 nexus and a Traktor Z2. Could I please get some detail on how I can record my sets using tractor Pro 2 or any other way? Some help would be really kind.

traktor has a RECORD feature
    it records in WAV format
    then when you are done, you can load that recorded file into iTunes
    and tell it to convert it to an mp3.

is that what you were asking about?

thanks for the info

Tech Mentor

If you are looking to record a set I would put an RCA (Master Output) to 8mm (Audio Jack of Computer). You can record it using audacity (FREE).
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    If you are looking to record a set I would put an RCA (Master Output) to 8mm (Audio Jack of Computer). You can record it using audacity (FREE).
    that would require a secondary computer
    the OP said he is already using Traktor as his control system

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    that would require a secondary computer
    the OP said he is already using Traktor as his control system
    Actually it does not require a second pc...

Tech Mentor

The RCA to 8mm comes from the mixer and goes into the mic jack of the recording computer.
    For all my VCI-100 lovers view my step by step guide to moding your very own VCI-100 Arcade edition
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=56270

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    Want to get better? Two words... jesus pose. 60% of the time, it works every time.

Tech Guru

That method will sound bad if the computer doesn't have a "Line-In" option, and it's more common for a computer not to have that option. Best case scenarios, if you are mixer is set up to mix internally in Traktor then it's almost as easy as just pressing record, but you are most likely mixing externally and in that case I believe you can just plug a set of RCA's into your master out and patch that into an open line in on the mixer and set up the internal recorder properly for the channel input you plugged into.

u wot.

most computers enable line output.

http://images.ethersol.com/images/products/cc399-12.jpg

get this, plug it into your computer and record,
    i recommend audacity (btw, you'll probably need a very low output if you plug straight into the computer)

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    That method will sound bad if the computer doesn't have a "Line-In" option, and it's more common for a computer not to have that option. Best case scenarios, if you are mixer is set up to mix internally in Traktor then it's almost as easy as just pressing record, but you are most likely mixing externally and in that case I believe you can just plug a set of RCA's into your master out and patch that into an open line in on the mixer and set up the internal recorder properly for the channel input you plugged into.
    It is highly unlikely that he is mixing externally if he is using a z2. The most logical setup would be to plug the Cdj's into the Z2's usb port in HID mode and mix internally so he has access to all the midi controls on the mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Sandwich View Post
    Hey there! I am using a pair of Cdj 2000 nexus and a Traktor Z2. Could I please get some detail on how I can record my sets using tractor Pro 2 or any other way? Some help would be really kind.
    If you have the Global panel at the top shown (I think it shows it by default in the advanced view) you should see a picture of a cassette tape on the right. Click that, then click record and viola! You can look in the settings to see where your recordings are saved and customize the directory. In windows it saves it to MyMusic/Traktor/Recordings by default I think.
    Samsung Ativ Book 8 15.6” i7-3635QM | Z2 | F1 | X1 | A6 | 2 x Str8-150 | TMA-1 | TSP
    KRK Rockit Gen 2 6 | Focusrite Saffire 6 | Ableton Push | Alesis V49 | TMA-1 Studio | Ableton Live 9
    http://www.soundcloud.com/kid-quest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast