Starting Up

Thread: Starting Up

Default Starting Up

I originally released a tune back in 93, and since then most of my friends have gone on to be involved in music either by djing or studio engineers, a very good mate of mine has his own studio and is happy for me to go in and visit and him to give me a crash course in cubase and to knock out some tunes together, now my question is this.

I was looking at Maschine would this allow me to make music with a stand alone software or should i look at something else starting out?

as I said this is going to be for me to learn and potentially make tunes with but I will no doubt end up doing most of my work with a friend when we have time to meet up.

I think the Maschine is best used as an accessory to an existing DAW - you can load up their program as a VST inside of your favorite host, thats the approach i would be taking.

Try a few DAW's and see which one works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I think the Maschine is best used as an accessory to an existing DAW - you can load up their program as a VST inside of your favorite host, thats the approach i would be taking.

Try a few DAW's and see which one works for you.
    ok Bento you need to put that in layman's terms as I am a complete noob

what's a DAW and a VST then i can go from there!

A DAW = Digital Audio Workstation

Programs that are DAW includes - FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton

A VST is an instrument or effect that an be loaded into a DAW, kinda like using a program inside of another program. So that basically means that you can use the Maschine software inside of these DAW programs - then go on to process the audio that you make inside of Maschine even further inside of your DAW of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    A DAW = Digital Audio Workstation

Programs that are DAW includes - FL Studio, Cubase, Ableton

A VST is an instrument or effect that an be loaded into a DAW, kinda like using a program inside of another program. So that basically means that you can use the Maschine software inside of these DAW programs - then go on to process the audio that you make inside of Maschine even further inside of your DAW of choice.
    that's perfect going to be using Cubase 5 and no doubt pick something up to run with it, was messing with FL recently and put a couple of tracks together in 5 minutes, so i thought why not going to concentrate on Deep House for the time being with my friend and see where it goes from there, as he is going to be teaching me lol

thanks for the replies..