Loose power socket on Xone:22... what do

Default Loose power socket on Xone:22... what do

Bought this guy used a few months ago, back then I fixed the right volume fader and that was rather straightforward.

Recently, I've noticed that if i'm playing out and the mixer so much as gets bumped, the power flickers for a second (sort of like when earbuds begin to break with an iPod) and causes an awful speakers pop. It only happened once in a great while a couple weeks ago, but not it keeps happening multiple times during a set, pretty big problem.

putting very slight weight on top of the connector to the power socket fixes this problem, but it by no means a long term solution and is probably making the socket even looser...

Also, it is possible that it is the power cord that is breaking, maybe the tip is broken.

Anyone have any idea what I should do? can't imagine this is as simple as replacing a volume fader...

Tech Guru

Replace the DC connector on the mixer, and/or replace the power supply block.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I fear this may happen to mine too someday

Not sure why they wouldn't put a power button onto the unit to begin with.

Tech Guru

More than likely the cord. It's not a big deal to find a new plug and cord setup.

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    More than likely the cord. It's not a big deal to find a new plug and cord setup.
    If it's just the cord I'm in serious luck, is there any way to find out if it's the cord or the mixer? didn't know if there is some weird techy trick to finding out if a problem resides in a broken cord, or a broken jack...