Moving from Logic in the studio to Ableton for Live performance.

Default Moving from Logic in the studio to Ableton for Live performance.

Hi.

I'm planning on attempting to move my logic sessions over to ableton for live performance.

I have a bunch of questions for anyone who's done this before.

1. Would you bounce/export audio with or without the sidechain in logic? Would you do the sidechaing live in Ableton?
    2. If you have instruments with chains of FX in the channel strip how do you translate them into Ableton. For example i have compressors and silver verb on many of my instrument channels. Are there any decent ableton or vst equivalents?
    3. Do you bounce your triggered samples as audio (just the ones you've used) and trigger them in Ableton samplers or do you keep the original patches in their entirety and convert them across?

Be really good to hear what you all do.

Cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by apricotandpearjam View Post
    Hi.

I'm planning on attempting to move my logic sessions over to ableton for live performance.

I have a bunch of questions for anyone who's done this before.

1. Would you bounce/export audio with or without the sidechain in logic? Would you do the sidechaing live in Ableton?
    2. If you have instruments with chains of FX in the channel strip how do you translate them into Ableton. For example i have compressors and silver verb on many of my instrument channels. Are there any decent ableton or vst equivalents?
    3. Do you bounce your triggered samples as audio (just the ones you've used) and trigger them in Ableton samplers or do you keep the original patches in their entirety and convert them across?

Be really good to hear what you all do.

Cheers..
    The only way to move from logic to ableton would be to make stems of your songs, take out the sidechaining before you turn all your tracks to audio. Ableton has a decent compressor and reverb.

You're gonna have to basically just give yourself remix packages of your songs.

Thanks man. Interesting perspective on it thinking of it as a remix package.

Why would you take sidechaining off?

And does anyone know a good reverb that sounds like silver verb in logic?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by apricotandpearjam View Post
    Thanks man. Interesting perspective on it thinking of it as a remix package.

Why would you take sidechaining off?

And does anyone know a good reverb that sounds like silver verb in logic?

cheers
    I would take off anything taking away from the full sound, say you have it compressed in logic, bring it over to ableton with the side chaining still on and you want the release to be quicker. You would have to go back into logic to change anything and bring it back into ableton.