mixing remix deck clips with songs in TP2
    Tech Convert

Default mixing remix deck clips with songs in TP2

OK so,

I really like the remix decks in traktor, I've got them mapped to my liking with my mf pro. But my problem is, unless I'm looping a very basic drum and bass song(not the genre) the remix deck clips make it sound like I'm playing two songs on top of each other. Now, granted common sense tells me, that is essentially what I'm doing. But I was wondering if anyone had any advice that maybe wasn't immediately obvious to me.

I watched ean's vid about the remix decks, where he suggested to map a eq kill for the clips. But, I tried that and it still wasn't quite as crisp as I'd like.

I noticed the remix decks have a stereo pan knob, anyone tried that?

Tech Convert

Anyone?

Think it depends on what the samples in the remix decks are providing. Are you EQing or filtering the bass out for vocal samples or snare rolls, or the mids and highs out for kicks and basslines? Not really sure what you're remixing or how you're doing it, so it's hard to answer the question.

Tech Convert

Yes I've been doing what you're describing. So far I've only been playing with misc loops from songs in the remix decks.

However I plan on putting some loops of my own in soon, probably bare bones non mastered synth and drum stuff.

Default Jam on it

Ean Golden came up with a pretty good idea to help avoid this. Check out the video.

i mix & match from several sets, i remove all the kicks and basslines, leaving mainly percusive elements etc. you need to keep an eye on you r levels and eq's if you are going to layer remix decks over your normal mixing, i usually kill most of the bass through the mixer.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    i mix & match from several sets, i remove all the kicks and basslines, leaving mainly percusive elements etc. you need to keep an eye on you r levels and eq's if you are going to layer remix decks over your normal mixing, i usually kill most of the bass through the mixer.
    Hmm. I'll definitely give that a try.