Warp like function needed in traktor??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Warp like function needed in traktor??

Reason for post was just to get an idea of how many other with lets say tracks from vinyl that pitch all over the place, life would be much more sweeter if Traktor had this kind of function as I myself do not have Ableton to lock in tempo etc.
    I know there are sites offering this service, but sadly at a cost....

Thoughts?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

A warp like feature is on the road map for Traktor and you can take my word for that its just a matter of time. How much time i have no idea.

Karlos

Tech Guru

I know that the Mixxx developers are working on integrating a library that will enable them to detect individual beats along with a quantize mode. This in theory should at least enable in beat syncing with tracks that have varying BPM without having to warp them to a fixed BPM. I am quite excited about the upcoming Mixxx 1.8 release.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    A warp like feature is on the road map for Traktor and you can take my word for that its just a matter of time. How much time i have no idea.

Karlos

does that mean NI is already working on the follow up to Traktor Pro?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Lol No, but the work never stops. There will no doubt be a v1.3 . Who knows when or what version a warp feature will come but... it will happen.

Yay so i dont have to throw away my D&B vinyl rips! not that i use them its the principle lol
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Lol No, but the work never stops. There will no doubt be a v1.3 . Who knows when or what version a warp feature will come but... it will happen.
    ahh k, i was wondering haha. well I'm looking forward to that update, a Traktor Warp function would be a welcome addition to the software.

I just hope when they do add it they keep the manual beatmatching features like pitchbend, bpm tap etc. as it's nice to have the option of auto-beatmatching or manual-beatmatching.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 09-28-2009 at 11:41 PM.

I think that's coming for serato... for some reason i think that's what they are gonna do with ableton... maybe first than traktor but .... traktor for sure will be doing this as well.... plus as these dvs systems keep updating look out for a mpc type of beat making machine inside dvs programs ... that would be sick.... not only in mixing but making new music as u go....
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Warp in Traktor? that's dopest news i heard in weeks!

I have patience, of course... like year or so, before i get angry
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Karlos
    Awesome, would make traktor perfect in my opinion
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast