Traktor Kontrol X1 rotary knob mapping assistance

Default Traktor Kontrol X1 rotary knob mapping assistance

Hey team,

I recently opened up my x1 and replaced a broken rotary knob, this was successful. However have two small mapping issues now.

1. The rotary knob is invert. So turning it forward moves it back.
    2. The rotary knob requires two 'clicks' forward or backwards to have a response on Traktor. I have tried adjusting the rotary sensitivity and acceleration, these are different.

I have tired remapping the knob with invert on, this works however there are so many other commands/modifiers connected to the rotary knob when I do this I lose them all because of the "override factory map" if someone has another way to invert this without losing all other commands that would be great. Or even the default file that shows all commands for the rotary knob in the assignment table, then I could copy it all with invert on.

Thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sounds like the new rotary isn't the same type. You need to find an adequate replacement in order to get all factory mapping functions.

The resolution on NI's knobs is the best. It sounds like that knob has a half less ticks per revolution. Fader-Direct mapping cannot resolve that issue unfortunately.

ah right, yes it was a different rotary knob. I got it off eBay. Can you recommend a credible online shop that sells the correct rotary knob for the X1? Thank you