Anyone still using vinyl record pools?

Default Anyone still using vinyl record pools?

A friend and I recently djed a wedding reception for a Kentucky couple that wanted more of a party than your typical reception. They wanted classic rock and old country, so I took the the opportunity to bust out my old records and play mostly vinyl. It sounded great and the crowd loved it. I had a blast. I just wish I could easily obtain more new music on vinyl so I can have more opportunities to leave the laptop at home.

So it got me thinking about vinyl record pools. Does anyone still do this? How much does it cost and do you get anything decent? What I would be mostly interested in at the moment is top 40 electronic/hip hop type stuff.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

go to your local record shop, maybe there are new releases there.

we have here but I costs $50 or more for new
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

The local record shop is 70 miles away and I can't afford to pay big prices for a few records.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

how a bout a thrift shop? there is bound to be a store that sells old records.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Have a very great day. This is a great way to get comments approved and solicit interaction.

http://plagiarism-checker.me/
    Last edited by John Abraham; 01-22-2014 at 10:44 PM.