Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Buying stuff when you have absolutely no need of it

Lets share some stories about...

when you bought stuff you really didn't need for your setup

OR

You want stuff right now that you really don't need

Heres mine...

I've found a deal to buy a Xone DB4 for less than the price of a Pioneer DJM 900. I currently have a Xone:22. It would be a huge upgrade but... I don't need it!

Yet I so want

Tech Mentor

When I get that feeling, I buy tunes.

I wanted to get my feet wet into dj/production so i bought a midi keyboard and a dj controller.

I wanted to do finger drumming but i bought a traktor f1 instead of a midi fighter. so now i have a barely used f1 and midi keyboard,

i sold my dj controller to get a TT, mixer and a6. (I find that I like this set up more and music soothes me after a hard day at work)
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

I continually look on craigslist and ebay for "bargain" turntables, then research the hell out of them, only to finally come to the conclusion that I don't need to drop the ching on tables at this point. But I really freakin want some!

I also went to guitar center the other day for a 25 key MIDI controller. I've got a 49 key for production, but it's big and it's a bit of a pain to use on my couch while watching TV. Fortunately, the controller I was looking at on guitar center's website (said $99) was priced at $199 at the actual store which was what I needed to not be lazy and just move my 49 key around for now.

Gold plated iPhone
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yup.
    Its called RGAS,
    Theres no cure
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

There is a cure - spending an absolute FORTUNE, in the hope that better gear = a better DJ.

Once you learn the lesson that the shiny new gear doesn't make you a better DJ, AND you're surviving off rice and noodles for 2 months, the RGAS SLOWLY starts to subside...

For some...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I bought a set of Roland V-Drums back in 98 for over $8k never played drums before and did absolutely not need them as I was programing all my drums at that time (I've since become an ok drummer). Also bought a Ensoniq Paris HD recorder was about $5k I needed that one but still.
    I've done some impulse buying with DJ gear and lights too. But happy to say I'm almost cured until next must have thing comes around.
    Lucky the Beheringer controllers did not come out within a month after they were announced I would have bought them all even if I don't need them, now I know I don't need them and the lust has settled
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

I bought an RMX1000 cos i seen Jordan Suckley use one once.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I was Cured of RGAS.... True Story.

I thought about what i wanted in terms of a controller and what would be the next features possibly added to the software and decided on the APC80.

Got TT's and Mixer with Innofader....so its the best of both worlds. Old School and Controller with colour buttons and lots of faders.

Learned how to map my functions and ...

CURED!

APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast