How can I convert an MP3 file to a DATA file? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post

Sounds dodgy mate, honestly.
    Huh, it sounded Troll"y" to me.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

lols

Some promoters are funny.

Tell him to give you a memory stick and you'll stick the files on the card in whatever format he desires.

Or better still still someone who isn't such a dick!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Do you think they mean they just want the mp3 as a data file, rather than as a burnt CD? He probably burned a bunch of promo CDs to hand out, and the guy he gave them to doesn't want to rip the CD to mp3 format for him.
    Nope, he wants me to email him a DATA file to him so he can click on it and download it within seconds so he can listen to it quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

ADAT?

http://searchcio-midmarket.techtarge...efinition/ADAT

It's a very professional (expensive) audio format.

I dare say he was having a bit of a laugh at your expense if he did ask for a mix on ADAT.
    Nope, definitely DATA. Even pronounced Data.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Why hasn't this promoter (or you) just given a Mixcloud link..?

If he is gonna "hand out the mix" he can just pass on the link. No need to spend an agonising 5 minutes (obviously he's in a hurry) downloading an MP3.

Either there has been a mix up in communication with this promoter or he is yanking your chain.
    BTW - I have never heard of a promoter passing on DJ mixes to "loads" of other promoters, producers and DJ's. This simply does not happen or he would be charging you for his agency skills.

Sounds dodgy mate, honestly.
    This guy isn't a promoter as such, he just has a lot of connections. I gave him my mix on CD 320kbps MP3, and he gave me a business card could you convert the MP3 file to DATA and send it to me via email? I asked him what about a Mixcloud link he said no. Maybe something to do with Mixcloud compressing the audio quality possibly? I'm not sure. I have a feeling what he means is one of those downloads you download it and it plays in your browser possibly... Not sure I will ask him.

Sounds to me like he doesn't have a cd drive to rip your mp3 himself. Just upload it to soundcloud and allow downloading, then send him the link.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Do you think they mean they just want the mp3 as a data file, rather than as a burnt CD? He probably burned a bunch of promo CDs to hand out, and the guy he gave them to doesn't want to rip the CD to mp3 format for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daily Crisis View Post
    Nope, he wants me to email him a DATA file to him so he can click on it and download it within seconds so he can listen to it quicker.
    You mean "yes", not "Nope".

Get a box account or skydrive and upload your mix to that. Give him the link to that.

Interesting that he wants you to take it from the most respected and smallest size/best quality file. To something thats not even a music related thing..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12