Major Problems with TSP2 beatgrid. Please any suggestions.

Default Major Problems with TSP2 beatgrid. Please any suggestions.

Hello,

I am new to the Forum so go easy on me aha!

I have just made the transition over to TSP2 finally, i know it has been out a while but i was content with my regular TP2 on my S4. But as i am now going to be purchasing CDj's & Vinyl i thought i'd best switch, anyway.

The issue i am having is, after the move i have to now re-do my beatgrids or whenever i import new songs obviously i have to grid them up. So i spent a few hours one afternoon doing a few, locking them all as i go etc.. usual things i'd been doing fine on TP2, although finding it much harder to do, even though the zoom option is a god send, i just found it a pain in the arse to do on TSP2 just as if they have made the software to not want to listen to you, anyway.

So i did a few hundred songs locking them all then logged out and shut down, went back in the next day to do a quick mix before doing a load more beatgrids and as i was mixing i realised that all my grids were off and not aligned either at the start of the song or on the beats in general.

This is happening for the majority of the songs i beat grid, i can set a grid, have it all perfect, beat start at the start of the song, lock the song, log out of TSP2 go back in and its all moved, almost as if traktor sets its own grid after i have and i cannot find why or how to stop it but this is seriously stressing me out now as all the work i do just gets ruined almost every time, the cue points don't align up with the grid or they move off of where they were. i have no idea what is happening.

Please any help?

I can only think of one solution: make sure your songs are not set as "read only". But, then Traktor would display a error message in the status bar (if you haven't disabled the status bar to increase browsing area...) someting like "cannot write to ID3 tag...."
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Thanks for the response.

Well i run Traktor in full window mode and haven'y noticed anything like an error message, also it didn't do it with TP2 with the same songs so i don't think it is in read only mode.

Also i don't think it does it with every song just some, i could be wrong on that though but i don't think it does, and potentially it doesn't do it straight away, maybe after one or two openings of the program but then again maybe that's just how long it takes for me to spot its done it to another song?

i hope i can sort this because it's hindering my progress and enthusiasm now as i know every bit of work i put in could be wasted.

Any other ideas you may have? Thanks again for the response.

Lee

Does anyone have any other ideas on why Traktor may be doing this?

Thanks