Presonus Firebox set up - getting headphone sound but no sound through speakers ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Presonus Firebox set up - getting headphone sound but no sound through speakers ?

Hey everyone

Finally got the chance to try out my new Firebox yesterday - got crystal clear and very loud sound through headphones but cant seem to get anything through my speakers ?

I am running some behringer active monitors - i have it all plugged in as i should (well hopefully i have) but nothing !

Can anyone advise me on how to get this working as i have put up many posts with issues and i am now over the most part of them but now have no sound!

Also - has anyone got a simple mapping for T Pro / VCI 100 where i can use the jog wheels for beat matching and scratching and just very basic effects controls

Thanks in advance for the help as always

Cheers

Luke

Default Re: Presonus Firebox set up - getting headphone sound but no sound through speakers ?

open up the Firebox Mixer app that comes on the cd and make sure the settings are right in there. then make sure the main out is going to the speakers :P there's a couple threads on firebox troubleshooting around here
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

followed the tutorial in the FAQ ?

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3349

Tech Mentor

That's great guys thanks

BTW - i have looked at the thread u attached bento - but i notice its for setting up when using windows, is it the same for mac ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukey-boy View Post
    That's great guys thanks

BTW - i have looked at the thread u attached bento - but i notice its for setting up when using windows, is it the same for mac ?
    There might be some minor discrepancies, but other than that 99% of it is going to be the same.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

It is indeed exactly the same on Mac.
    But for some reason i have to do the same routine to get the Mixer to work.
    Start Traktor.
    Start the Presonus Firebox Mixer. (ive made and alias on the desktop)
    Then make your adjustments in Prefs if you have previously used the internal card to listen to music or whatever to select the Presonus. The Outputs will select themselves.

If your having problems (and this will sound goofy but its true) sometimes the Headphones output the Main out , in this case just hit the Playback Button (Blue) and it resets and the Headphone out will only work when you press the button on the VCI.
    Odd but true.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    It is indeed exactly the same on Mac.
    But for some reason i have to do the same routine to get the Mixer to work.
    Start Traktor.
    Start the Presonus Firebox Mixer. (ive made and alias on the desktop)
    Then make your adjustments in Prefs if you have previously used the internal card to listen to music or whatever to select the Presonus. The Outputs will select themselves.

If your having problems (and this will sound goofy but its true) sometimes the Headphones output the Main out , in this case just hit the Playback Button (Blue) and it resets and the Headphone out will only work when you press the button on the VCI.
    Odd but true.
    i am getting so fucking frustrated that i am thinking of selling my vci - my firebox and going back to 1210 or maybe buying cdj 800 as i cant get the fucking sound to come out the speakers still

But before i decide to do this can someone answer a couple of questions

Here is how i have it set up (i really have no idea what im doing BTW)

In the back of the firebox i have the s/pdif plugged in and off of that there are four connectors 2 RCA and 2 others. I have plugged in rcas which go to my behringer active monitors.

i then have the firewire connected to both the card and mac .

i get noise through the headphones but nothing through speakers and i have for the last few hours tried every fucking option and still no joy!

is this a case that i cant use just the rca leads into the s/pdif connection or what ?

Im sorry if i sound pissed but believe me i am !! the fast track pro was simple but this firebox is proving to be the biggest pain in the ass ever!!!

Any one know of any decent DJ stores i could go to and get them to set this up for me ?!? or does anyone off here live near London / Essex area ?

i have now had weeks of hardly any mixing and i have a demo to do and cant do it !!

Plus i have also now bought Logic 9 studio which is going to take up some time !!

Please please can anyone help the most frustrated person on djtechtools!!

Cheers

Luke

Ok have you started the Presonus Software mixer.
    You should really use 2 x 1/4inch Jack to Phono leads like this:

Connect these to Main Outputs 1 and 2 on the Firebox to the mixer or system .
    On the Software mixer under PLAYBACK click 1/2.

Playback to Phones should be Spdif (7/6)

That will work. You will then have Output Control on the front of the Firebox and Headphone Control.

can you run speakers out of the spdif? i thought that was just for connecting other devices like drum machines and the like.

to run your speakers out i'd use what karlos posted, 1/4'' -> rca cables and plug it into the main output.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Yeah i only use the Spdif for midi in from a Faderfox.
    Spdif is for Digital output.

Sony/Philips Digital Interconnect Format.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast