Help getting my head around a DJ setup (Traktor + DB4 + X1) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When you travel are you planning on playing to others, or just for yourself? If it's just for yourself, I would just take the X1's and listen on my laptop with headphones.

I've got an A&H Xone92. I wouldn't want to be taking it with me all over the place, but if you're driving I suppose it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 450nick View Post
    Thanks guys, that seems fairly clear cut. I'll probably start by getting hold of a DB4 and a couple of X1s and then will pick up one of the Audio boxes so I can travel with it. Last question - I currently record mixes using the internal Traktor recorder, but this will obviously no longer fully work if I'm adding in effects externally via the DB4. What would be the best way to record in this case? Do I take a monitor feed out of the DB4 back into the laptop via some medium?
    If you are using the mixers soundcard, you will need to setup one channel as a recording channel to record externally. Fairly easy to setup.
    Definitely worth picking up an auxillary soundcard for gigs, as mentioned you would not always take your own mixer with you. I do this, most nights i would just take an x1, my audio 6 and a midifighter and leave my mixer at home.
    Last edited by Jester; 10-17-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

No physical cabling is needed to record with the DB4, you simply use one of the upstream USB channels

http://xoneblog.allen-heath.com/?p=163
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

just make sure you get the appropriate amount of stereo outs for the amount of decks you would like to use on the soundcard of your choice

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

Considering that the DB4 comes packed in it's own travel bag, and is one of the lightest 4 channel mixers around, you'll probably be able to travel with it fairly effectively, provided you aren't playing in any crowded booths. An Audio X isn't really going to be needed, given that it's several hundred added to an already pricey setup, purely for the sake of shaving a couple pounds off of a bag.

Thanks for the info guys, what a great forum I will probably leave the DB4 at my house and either use the S4 or X1's and head phones for practicing when I'm away. I'd still like an Audio X so I can start playing out in the next 6 months or so and use bar/club mixers without having to take my own, though its less of a priority for now. Thanks a lot also for the recording link - very useful and looks like its a great bit of kit. Just need to save some money up now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    Considering that the DB4 comes packed in it's own travel bag, and is one of the lightest 4 channel mixers around, you'll probably be able to travel with it fairly effectively, provided you aren't playing in any crowded booths. An Audio X isn't really going to be needed, given that it's several hundred added to an already pricey setup, purely for the sake of shaving a couple pounds off of a bag.
    Would probably agree with this... defo start with the DB4 then think about the soundcard...

For the record the DJM900 has a built in traktor "scratch" certified soundcard if you ever wanted to use decks with timecode and not add a traktor soundcard...

But if you're set on a db4 then do it
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12