does anyone else get annoyed by newcomers?
    Tech Mentor

Default does anyone else get annoyed by newcomers?

I just hate when people expect to be spoonfed

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I love noobs

Tech Mentor

i think your finger meant to hit the key to the left of "n"

Partly my fault. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Have a large glass of water and a wank. Problem solved.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by no_rex4u View Post
    i think your finger meant to hit the key to the left of "n"
    Yeah both! In a different ways

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Depends on your definition of 'noob' and "spoonfed".

This is nothing new. I've been putting up with this on DJ forums for years. It's gonna happen.

Noob questions are fine. If you don't wanna answer or it grinds your gears then stay clear of the thread.
    What we have at the moment on DJTT is a case of being victims of our own success. There's loads of great guys giving great advice and so it follows that some young (very very young in some cases) people come on with no research at all and ask for advice.
    Older heads see this as spoonfeeding and it probably is to some extent but new members are the life blood of a forum so we need to at least tread lightly.

The issue I have with noobs is that some use the General Discussion forum as some kind of stream of consciousness. They are basically asking questions on a forum that are best asked in their own heads and then googled. Yes that annoys me.

But it also annoys me that older members are so quick to call someone a troll these days.
    Doesnt take long for a member of this forum to start being an arsehole with noobs. Answer a few questions, make a few people laugh and they think it's fine to add 2 word answers and derail threads in one post. This sense of entitlement that some members have is annoying. THAT annoys me more than any noob thread.

We have 15, 16 , 17 year old members joining and asking remedial questions but honestly, would I/you/anyone be any different at that age. What 16 year old is gonna read the FAQ/Rules/Search the forum when they can just jump in with a new thread and make some new friends. These guys aren't just new at DJing they may also be new at forums and have no knowledge of how to go about things. Yes it can be annoying but really... is it that annoying that there needs to be a thread about it? (i fully expect someone to quote that bit with the reply "YES").

In short, yeah you may be right, but only to a degree and it will never ever be any different unless this forum becomes so unfriendly that noobs stay clear and that ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Depends on your definition of 'noob' and "spoonfed".

This is nothing new. I've been putting up with this on DJ forums for years. It's gonna happen.

Noob questions are fine. If you don't wanna answer or it grinds your gears then stay clear of the thread.
    What we have at the moment on DJTT is a case of being victims of our own success. There's loads of great guys giving great advice and so it follows that some young (very very young in some cases) people come on with no research at all and ask for advice.
    Older heads see this as spoonfeeding and it probably is to some extent but new members are the life blood of a forum so we need to at least tread lightly.

The issue I have with noobs is that some use the General Discussion forum as some kind of stream of consciousness. They are basically asking questions on a forum that are best asked in their own heads and then googled. Yes that annoys me.

But it also annoys me that older members are so quick to call someone a troll these days.
    Doesnt take long for a member of this forum to start being an arsehole with noobs. Answer a few questions, make a few people laugh and they think it's fine to add 2 word answers and derail threads in one post. This sense of entitlement that some members have is annoying. THAT annoys me more than any noob thread.

We have 15, 16 , 17 year old members joining and asking remedial questions but honestly, would I/you/anyone be any different at that age. What 16 year old is gonna read the FAQ/Rules/Search the forum when they can just jump in with a new thread and make some new friends. These guys aren't just new at DJing they may also be new at forums and have no knowledge of how to go about things. Yes it can be annoying but really... is it that annoying that there needs to be a thread about it? (i fully expect someone to quote that bit with the reply "YES").

In short, yeah you may be right, but only to a degree and it will never ever be any different unless this forum becomes so unfriendly that noobs stay clear and that ain't gonna happen.
    with that being said, it´d be best to lock this thread.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.