Will AH; db4 have full functionality without its drivers but going through Audio 10??

Default Will AH; db4 have full functionality without its drivers but going through Audio 10??

Or what will happen, will mixer only work in internal traktor mode or ...?

It will have full functionality. Obviously you won't be routing audio via USB directly to the DB4 (it will route through the A10 and then into an analog input of the DB2) but otherwise it will be a nice setup. I use a DB2 and A10.

What specific feature are you concerned about?

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    It will have full functionality. Obviously you won't be routing audio via USB directly to the DB4 (it will route through the A10 and then into an analog input of the DB2) but otherwise it will be a nice setup. I use a DB2 and A10.

What specific feature are you concerned about?
    Its for a mate, he thought why install drivers when use a10 and have less hassle? but in my view, why have a10 when you can route audio directly to laptop and connect cdjs to mixer?

Is he planning on using the CDJs with timecode? If so, you'll need the A10.

Another advantage of the A10 with the DB4 is the ability to route CDJs (or turntables) through Traktor's effects before they get to the DB4. But, if he isn't using timecode and he is just using CDJs in HID mode to control Traktor, the A10 unnecessarily complicates things.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Is he planning on using the CDJs with timecode? If so, you'll need the A10.

Another advantage of the A10 with the DB4 is the ability to route CDJs (or turntables) through Traktor's effects before they get to the DB4. But, if he isn't using timecode and he is just using CDJs in HID mode to control Traktor, the A10 unnecessarily complicates things.
    Ok, thank you. But why use traktor effects when you have db4 effects?

The DB4 has great effects, but Traktor's effects allow you to control more parameters (and chain multiple effects together). Since the DB4 also sends MIDI, you could map it to control some of the Traktor effects that the DB4 doesn't have. It depends on the style of music you mix, but in my opinion the DB4 effects are more subtle in a good way (whereas Traktor's can be pretty destructive, also in a good way). In Traktor, I use the Beatmasher/Slicer, some glitchy effects, some nice dramatic sweeps/builds, an echo out, and a couple macro effects (wormhole and stretch). Everything else is DB2.

Yes. It will work like any other mixer.

We got it tested and it worked fine, thank you guys