Timecode Control Toggle
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Timecode Control Toggle

Can anyone tell me how I'd set up a switch for toggling between Timecode Control of 2 decks? I want to toggle between Deck B and D.

I've had a bash - but I'm getting in all sorts of trouble!

The functionality I want (attached to the deck toggle switch on the Zomo MC-1000) is:

Timecode control of Deck B.
    Flick switch, and Deck B switches to internal mode, and Timecode Control switches to Deck D.
    Flick switch again, and Deck D switches to internal mode, and Deck B switches BACK to timecode control.

I had some success - but it started to get confusing when I tried to have Timecode Control turn off and Internal mode turn on on a single deck.

This is the key for me to use 4 decks with control vinyl. Can it be done?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Use Direct Interaction Mode and it should be straightforward enough.

Edit: I've tried this out using the switches on my CDJs, so the same should apply to the Zomo.

You need two maps for each deck:

1. Scratch Control On
    Modifier: Deck Mode, Value: Internal Playback
    Button, Direct
    Set to value: Scratch Control

2. Scratch Control On
    Modifier: Deck Mode, Value: Scratch Control
    Button, Direct
    Set to value: Internal Playback
    Inverted

Then repeat for the 2nd deck, inverted of course.
    Last edited by makar1; 10-17-2013 at 02:11 PM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I haven't tried this yet, but wouldn't I need an extra map to set to either abs/rel scratch mode!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Mentor

yes, pretty sure you do. the other thing to consider is if u want the non-vinyl deck to still be playing when you swap. and u might wanna do a tempo bend reset (sort of like a refresh) when you switch back, otherwise you'll get your tempo fader out of sync from the turntable.

i made a button like this, i can share it once i'm back home tonight

Please do, mate. I'm struggling with this.,,

Ya I always struggled with the getting the tempo in sync with the TT when switching deck control from internal back to relative.

Tech Mentor

I don't think I used a modifier when I did this - I just mapped rel/abs/int as the deck will switch to internal playback automatically as soon as you assign the timecode control to another deck.
    I never switched back from internal to timecode tho because of the pitch fader being out of sync when you do ... and I had a pair of SCS3Ds with relative pitch faders and pitchbend controls for that lol There should be no real need to switch back to timecode control if you map pitch bend controls to a controller or keyboard mapping tho.

Tech Mentor

yeah, fairly sure there is a function that resets the tempo control - it doesn't zero it out but it 'refreshes' it to what the turntable is actually doing.

Tech Guru

Deck Common > Tempo Adjust, Direct mode, Set to value 0. Not exactly complicated.

Same for Rel/Abs. Just map them to the same button or switch in direct mode.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

yikes, i wouldn't use that tempo adjust, cos you'll be resetting the tempo bend every time u switch. you wanna use deck common > timecode > reset tempo offset. it usually takes a second or two for traktor to 'refresh' the display of tempo offset, but it doesn't matter cos the turntable will be playing at whatever speed u have set it at.

anyway, here is a mapping that u can try. I use the deck swap buttons on my Kontrol S4, but you can map these to any buttons - one for switching A & C, one for switching B & D.

swapTimecodeControl.tsi

so, do a little import of this mapping - and assign one button to all the 'A & C' ones, and a different button to all the 'B & D' ones and let me knnow if u have any questions about it

and... if u are putting it on a button with midi out (led feedback) then i would use the 'modifier out' to get that led to show on/off.
    Last edited by trux; 10-19-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast