Hooking a TV up to a DJM 900?
    Tech Convert

Default Hooking a TV up to a DJM 900?

I have a client requesting a TV to be hooked up to my mixer (DJM 900), in addition to me playing music (using traktor). During a certain time they would like to cue a video, with audio from the video to be played through my speakers.

What would be the best way to go about doing this? Would I need any addition cables or anything? Or just a standard RCA/RCA?

I'd imagine this wouldn't be ideal, so if there are any detriments to my equipment, definitely not worth the risk.

Any help would be appreciated

Tech Guru

More than likely the TV will have RCA's for audio out. There is a possibility of maybe connecting to what ever player they are using that is broadcasting the video to the TV as well

Tech Guru

TVs aren't any riskier than any other audio source.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

@manchild @makar1

Thank you for the replies! Appreciate the advice!

If you want the audio from the tv to come out the djm900 I'd probably just use mini jack from headphone out to RCA and plug into a spare line in in mixer
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

But the video will be played through a DVD or BlueRay?
    You can take the two audio RCAs from the player it self and plug on your mixer and the Video RCA into the TV...
    If it's HDMI you have to hope the TV has some audio out's cause some of them doesn't have it... If it's the case, you need to check the player if it can work with HDMI out to the TV plus an auxiliary RCA out to send the audio to an auxiliary audio output...

In any case, ask the owner what's the exact model of the TV and the Player that will be on the party, search for it's manuals on the internet, buy the cables that you need and be ready to setup early to test it out...