So whats up with berlin djs?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So whats up with berlin djs?

Hey, my name is Joshua Levin and I'm a 19 year old DJ/Producer from Boston, MA. This year instead of going straight to college I decided to go off on my own to Berlin. The scene here is amazing and unbelievably interesting. The clubs, the parties, the people, it seems like people here breathe music. In my quest to become a DJ I have created a blog called Make Or Break: Berlin. Ean posted about the Techno scene in Berlin, and my Blog discovers the dj scene here. Check it out if you want to learn more! http://makeorbreakberlin.blogspot.de

I looked at your blog, and it's really cool! Look forward to reading more posts.

Much respect for going abroad before starting college. Wish I had done the same. Will check out your blog!

Edit: Great blog; I look forward to following your progress.
    Last edited by DJ SB; 10-18-2013 at 11:19 AM.

make sure to come visit leipzig. this is where i life. it´s about 2 hours away from berlin and has an amzing club scene as well!
    good luck on your travels though
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Tech Guru

Good blog, made for a nice read.

And as I'm off to Berlin tomorrow, good timing too.

Can't help but think your slightly misjudged when saying vinyl is dying, it's on the rise. And you find it interesting that "people are convinced they can find something special in a room full of plastic"

Which you certainly can, a lot of house/techno and a lot more only see release on vinyl, and to be honest the quality of releases on vinyl is much higher.

But anyway, enjoy your berlin stay.
    Technics 1210 MK2 x 2 / A&H Xone:22 / Shure M35S / Urbanears Zinken / Mukatsuku Record Weights x 2 / Vinyl
    iMac / Ableton Live 8 / Reason / Akai EIE Pro / Adam A5x / Boss BX 800 / Soundcraft EPM6 / MFB 522 / Korg Monotribe / Maschine Mikro MK1 / NI Kontrol X1 MK1 / Akai APC 20 / Novation Remote 25sl Compact

Tech Wizard

If you're interested in the Berlin techno scene and some insightful thoughts on the whole industry from a social scientist's point of view, you should check out the Berlin Mitte Institut. Apart from that, I think Berlin has a reputation that reality can't keep up with. Of course, for everyone who is new to Berlin and especially for anglophone expats, it's all cool and new, but after six months or so you might find out that Berlin has a lot to offer, but quantity doesn't induce quality. If there is one thing that Berlin can teach you, is that you don't need Berlin to have fun.
    Have fun though, the first months of any stay abroad are really awesome!

Tech Mentor

nice blog mate, funny to read the post about hard-wax, been there and if i hadn't researched its exact location on the internet i wouldn't have found it
    also, if you are looking to buy some records, check out oye-records, my favorite record-store in berlin yet, lots of new releases and not as techno-heavy as hard-wax
    enjoy your time, ill gladly be reading your blog-posts from now on!
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Wizard

Nice blog mate, I too, as a techno fan, find that Berlin has probably the best club in Europe, maybe even in the whole world!
    My Latest Mix | https://soundcloud.com/limbou
    Be sure to follow me on Soundcloud I'll follow back!

No doubt that vinyl is on the rise but ultimately as a form of media it is dying, in the last few years vinyl sales have risen this year mostly due to the release of daft punks album. For me personally I see releases on vinyl and I think it's an attempt to keep things underground in a way, people feel that if their music is pressed to vinyl its more precious or special. I guess I'm not an analog head or anything like that and wav is ok for me! I think this whole movement behind vinyl is cool, I had a pair of technics myself, but the thing I've heard from djs who worked in the 70s/80s was that carrying crates was a pain in the ass. When you can have 3,000 tunes in your pocket why not just make it easier for people to access your music? You know what I'm saying?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast