When i select my DJ/io in audio setup, traktor crashes?

Default When i select my DJ/io in audio setup, traktor crashes?

Hi guys,

i only discovered this today but basically i've had windows 7 rc on my comp for some while now and just upgraded to win7ultimate, however now when i select Numark usb device dj/io from audio set up in traktor up comes windows has detected a problem and traktor shuts off. I'm stumped as to why this is and why its only started happening now.

Has this happened to anyone else, or could someone help?

Thanks

Ian

i had the same problem, make sure you get the driver from numark.com...also make sure u get the right 64-bit or 32-bit. Mine works flawlessly now. good luck.

what are your latency settings set at?
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

sounds like a latency issue to me...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Sounds like a driver issue. There was a new driver uploaded a few months back i think.
    If your booting up in 64bit mode then it is a driver issue and theres a driver waiting for you on the website which might fix things.

I dont see how latency would close Traktor.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 09-29-2009 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Sounds like a driver issue. There was a new driver uploaded a few months back i think.

I dont see how latency would close Traktor.
    IMO, it could be either/or, I've had it where I turned up my latency back when I first started using traktor and shit just hit the fan and crashed, turned it back down and it was fine again. Regardless, like Karlos said, I'd try the drivers first...

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Never seen a low latency shut Traktor down but if it did then it did. Good to know comrade.

When I first got my DJ I/O, I didn't know anything about latency other than lower is better. I would try to set it at 1ms and Traktor to crash all the time. After I set it to the recommended 5ms, Traktor was rock solid.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

thanks for all the repliues guys, i'll check my latency but i'm certain i have windows 32 bit, and downloaded the 32bit driver. i shall report back soon!

got it fixed, just uninstalled my audio drivers along with djio 2.8.9 and all systems go! Thanks for the tips all