In-Ear Monitors; Early Stage of Tinnitus - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    That seems to be the best choice for preventing damage, but for me, as a DJ, which one should I buy? ETY-Plugs? http://www.etymotic.com/hp/er20.html

I didn't understand the difference of all the plugs listed on the site
    The link I posted is for custom molded ear plugs. I had mine done by an Audiologist for the same price as the home kit. If I lost mine, I'd pay a rush charge to get them replaced.

The ER-20's are still WAY ahead of foam plugs or nothing, but they are not comfortable to wear for more than an hour or two at a time...and can not be worn under headphones. For short term wear while you are hanging out in a club...they are OK.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Guru

I use these Alpine plugs http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-Music...dp/B000VO8PR0/

They're fine comfort wise, and have a shorter (+adjustable) stem so can be worn under headphones.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by soundinmotiondj View Post
    The link I posted is for custom molded ear plugs. I had mine done by an Audiologist for the same price as the home kit. If I lost mine, I'd pay a rush charge to get them replaced.

The ER-20's are still WAY ahead of foam plugs or nothing, but they are not comfortable to wear for more than an hour or two at a time...and can not be worn under headphones. For short term wear while you are hanging out in a club...they are OK.
    Thanks for the info!

Is the ER-15 the best one for a DJ? compared to the ER-9 and the ER-25

I live in Brazil, so what is the best thing for me to do? Buy the ER-15 (it will be a kit I guess) and take it to an audiologist to make the right mold for my ear?

Thanks again
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

Is the ER-15 the best one for a DJ? compared to the ER-9 and the ER-25
    I have the ER-15, and that works well for DJing. Without earplugs, I have the headphone volume set on "2-ish"...with the earplugs I turn the headphones up to about "7". If you already monitor really high...that may be an issue.

I live in Brazil, so what is the best thing for me to do? Buy the ER-15 (it will be a kit I guess) and take it to an audiologist to make the right mold for my ear?
    I would contact the audiologist and see if they have the kits on hand already or if they prefer to order the kit for you, and go from there. I have some ringing in the ears (early Tinnitus)...so I also got a baseline hearing screening. I was "normal" for my age...but wanted to have some baseline to work with in the future. I also talked to the ENT about things I can do to help mitigate damage from long term exposure. That was a good conversation to have.

The home kit can be done at home....but you will need a helper.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

I purchased custom moulded ear plugs from ACS about 6 months ago and I wish I had bought them 6 years ago!

My left ear is pretty damaged; I suffer with constant ringing in both ears and my left ear is constantly duller than my right, waiting to get them checked by ENT.

I originally bought the ACS Pro-17s but have since purchased the Pro-26 filters and wear these all night, even when I'm DJing.
    Equipment: 2x CDJ 2000s // Kontrol Z2 // 2x KRK Rokit 5s // Maschine MkII // Scarlett 2i2

Soundcloud Twitter Facebook

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12