Complete newbie help....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Complete newbie help....

Hi this is my 1st post on here so excuse the complete newbie but I appreciate the help in advance to you all!

#I've just started using Traktor pro on my mac for the last few months and looking to gradually get myself building up knowledge and equipment but baby steps at 1st for me. My main thing is controlling Traktor via a midi controller at 1st (a behringer bcr2000 is something a friend is selling on). Gradually from there I can get to grips with adding more. My question is to all you experts is if im using 4 decks on traktor will I require an audio 8 interface to get my sound to speakers and and headphones?

Small set up compared to the most of you I know but I have to start somewhere I guess

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ayd68 View Post
    My question is to all you experts is if im using 4 decks on traktor will I require an audio 8 interface to get my sound to speakers and and headphones?
    Nope
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

focus first on doing a mix on 2 decks before moving on to 4. after all, you said baby steps.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by arsman View Post
    focus first on doing a mix on 2 decks before moving on to 4. after all, you said baby steps.
    Yep
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You can mix internally in Traktor(with a midi controller or just laptop) in which case you only need a 4 channel (2 stereo outs) sound card like the NI Audio 2, or a midi controller with a built in sound card.

You can also mix externally using an analog mixer in which case you need a sound card with outs for each deck to go to the mixer. Like the NI Audio 8.

The BCR2000 doesn't have a sound card does it? I could be wrong but I didn't think it did... The BCD2000 does but it's pretty much usless on anything but 4-5 year old computers (no drivers for 64bit OSs).

But yeah an Audio 2 would solve that..

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    The BCR2000 doesn't have a sound card does it? I could be wrong but I didn't think it did... The BCD2000 does but it's pretty much usless on anything but 4-5 year old computers (no drivers for 64bit OSs).

But yeah an Audio 2 would solve that..
    I think hes talking bcd because a bcr is a mixing controller. not a djing controller!

ex.

thats a BCF, this is a BCR: http://www.behringer.com/assets/BCR2..._Front_XXL.png

Not the most optimal but it'll get him started

I would advise a simple two deck mixer with a build in soundcard though.
    I started out with a Hercules DJ console RMX, it is a great controller to start with and has a build in soundcard.
    You can get them really cheap on second hand sites and the build is excellent (it actually felt a lot more solid than my kontrol S4) for the money: http://www.djworx.com/skratchworx/im...es/rmx_top.jpg
    Last edited by Rip van Winkle; 10-22-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    HP Pavillion 17" , i7 core 2nd gen, 8Gb ram / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Ableton Live suite 8 & 9 / Traktor Kontrol S4 / Traktor Kontrol F1 / 2x Numark TT200 / Hercules DJ Console RMX / Akai MPD24 / Evolution MK425C / Evolution UC33 / Sennheiser HD215 / M-Audio Audiophiles BX5A active monitors

Quote Originally Posted by Rip van Winkle View Post
    thats a BCF, this is a BCR: http://www.behringer.com/assets/BCR2..._Front_XXL.png

Not the most optimal but it'll get him started

I would advise a simple two deck mixer with a build in soundcard though.
    I started out with a Hercules DJ console RMX, it is a great controller to start with and has a build in soundcard.
    You can get them really cheap on second hand sites and the build is excellent (it actually felt a lot more solid than my kontrol S4) for the money: http://www.djworx.com/skratchworx/im...es/rmx_top.jpg
    Lol my bad, I posted the wrong one but its the same idea but with encoders not faders.

What he said ^, also the s2, mixtrack pro and any other controller like that would be good for a starter and something they wont be bored with right away.

I got bored right away with my controller and exchanged it for a Tech and a mixer. now I am trying to add an x1 to my setup.

i would suggest to continue to research and try other controllers out there or set ups so that you won't waste money on buying stuff you don't really need.

@op: do you have a budget? might be better off with a x1 mk2 than your friend's old bcr.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast