Xone92, X1, audio10, Traktor + Maschine - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Hi jdownesbaird,

Very sorry for the nooby questions but I am trying very hard to get as much info from google as I can but sometimes the answers I find are not getting me where I want to go...

In this video both Maschine and Traktor are not running on the same computer. One is running traktor, the other one is running Live and Maschine as a pluggin. I didn't know that MIDI didn't carry audio. If
    The SYNC magic occurs most likely through Traktor's virtual MIDI
    therefore I should be able to route Maschine on the mic/returns channels of course, but problem is : how will I be able to sync it since I won't be using any decks in traktors :s Will it work. I am at work right now so I am not able to try that now I am just trying to save some time.

Thanks for your support!

J.

I can help dude.

I watched DJTT's 'This is How I Play' Video with Chris Liebing, and it's possible to do that with 1 laptop. I have a MacBook Pro, Traktor Scratch Pro II, Maschine, Ableton, and Xone 92, the same as Chris, and was trying to do it all with Maschine synced to Traktor how i had already done it, (DJ Endo's Traktor and Maschine sync youtube video), but it just wasn't possible, so, I had to sync Traktor and Ableton together, and then open Maschine as a plugin inside of Ableton, and then, you need to run RCA from the Main In of your Traktor Audio 10 going to 1/4 TRS into Aux 1 (or Aux 2) of the Xone 92, and then RCA from the Traktor Audio 10 Main Out, into 1/4 TRS to Return 1 (or Return 2) of Xone 92.

Check out the video on how to sync Traktor and Maschine here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...ldehIsCE#at=97
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Wizard

Thanks Mate, therefore I need to invest in Ableton Live...

Wich version should I invest in? Any clue? Is intro enough?

Do you have any latency problems with a unique laptop running Ableton with Maschine as a pluggin and Traktor?

Ty,

J.

Quote Originally Posted by j0h4n View Post
    but problem is : how will I be able to sync it since I won't be using any decks in traktor
    J.
    I only have a minute right now, but I'm confused by what you are trying to do exactly. Why won't you be using any decks in Traktor? What exactly are you trying to sync Maschine to? Aren't you trying to sync Traktor with Maschine?

Also, you don't need Ableton Live to get things synced up correctly (assuming you are just trying to sync Traktor and Maschine).

Quote Originally Posted by j0h4n View Post
    Thanks Mate, therefore I need to invest in Ableton Live...

Wich version should I invest in? Any clue? Is intro enough?

Do you have any latency problems with a unique laptop running Ableton with Maschine as a pluggin and Traktor?

Ty,

J.
    If you want to have Traktor and Maschine synced up on one MacBook, and be able to use all 4 channels on your xone 92, JUST for Traktor decks, and have Maschine on its own channel, you will need to do the routing as I mentioned earlier, main in and main out of your audio 10 to the aux 1 and return 1 of your xone 92. Maschine will stay synced to Traktor, no matter what channel it is on on your mixer. But if you want to achieve what chris liebing is doing, on ONE laptop, you will have to sync Traktor and Ableton together and host Maschine as plugin inside of Ableton.

I'm not sure what version of Ableton you will need, intro might work, I just use Ableton live 8, private message me on here I can hook you up.

I have just upgraded to mavericks OS X 10.9 and have now only just started to have latency problems, otherwise, no.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Wizard

Thanks for your help jdownesbaird, Superfreak told me what I needed to know. He understood what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear... English is not my mother tongue

Tech Wizard

Thanks Superfreak, this is what I needed to know!

No problem, man. Glad you're getting it sorted out. Have fun!

Tech Wizard

Hey guys,

Happy new year first of all

Resurrecting an old thread, would the liebing setup work with a fireface UC that has only 8 analogs I/O for a total of 18I/O, Or will I need 12 analogs I/O?

Thanks,

j.

I replied in your NI forum thread but since you've been here today here we go:

You'll need at least the UFX if you want to only use 1 soundcard. 12 analogue outputs, but you'll need to use the headphone outs on the front that can be used for unbalanced RCA outs.

UC & UCX only have the 8 analogue outs, and 2 of these are headphone. I have a UC and have a custom loom with 6 x NP2X (Neutrik TS) and 1 x NP3RX (Neutrik Right Angle TRS) going to 8 x RCA giving me 4 Traktor decks out. Don't get me wrong, the sound is so much better from the Fireface but without my custom loom it would take twice as long to patch in at the gig. I do however find that my TA10 is easier to work with due to all connections I need on the back, with a straight 8x8 RCA loom, with latency at 192 samples working well for me being able to drop things dead on beat with my X1mk2's.

From your above statement of "for a total of 18I/O", are you thinking of running the UC with your TA10? If so, it's a massive overkill. As a starting point you'd get away with adding in a TA2mk2 to your TA10 for a total of 14 outputs ...

That is unless you're ultimately looking to go with 2 x UC to give you 12 matched analogue outputs, easily racked together and loomed up ready to plug into the 92. This setup would give you some of the lowest latency gear around ... I know that my UC can run at 64 samples without issues although I normally run it at 128 (just one of those peace of mind things).

Anyhow, I think that the TA2mk2 path would be the cheapest easiest way to get it all working first, then maybe look at selling off the TA10 for your first UC, then add a second UC down the track. Or if you're cashed up after Christmas and New Years gigs, get a pair of UC here and now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast