Xone92, X1, audio10, Traktor + Maschine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone92, X1, audio10, Traktor + Maschine

Hi all,

Can you please tell me if my setup is correct?

My speakers are plugged on the record out on the xone92
    My 2 traktor x1s are plugged on a usb hub (I'm of course running traktor)
    Ni Audio 10 is plugged on my mac
    4 RCAs plugged from the out of the soundcard on the 4 lines of the xone92

If everything is correct how would you plug maschine?

Many thanks for your help

Cheers,

J

TRAKTOR_AUDIO_10_SetupExamples_03_esternal-mixer_CE.jpg
    Like that?

connect the main output of the traktor 10 to the return 1 of maschine

or consult traktorbible website
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Tech Wizard

Ok but the main output of the audio 10 is RCA and I don't have any RCA output on Maschine... Only a midi in and a midi out + USB...

This would require an RCA to Midi cable? 0____0?

I believe I can sync traktor and maschine using one of the traktor's deck? http://www.traktorbible.com/en/kontr...o_machine.aspx

From my perspective I would need to plug the midi in-out of maschine into the audio 10 midi in-out? Correct?
    I've tried that and it doesn't work :s

Do you think the rest of my setup correctly plugged?

I guess yes, but I find that I have latency problems with X1s, is that the Audio NI10 or the usb hub causing these?

Thanks for your answers guys,

Cheers,

J.

Many thanks,

Tech Mentor

i run the same setup. first of all i would connect the speakers to the mix 1 or mix 2 output so you can use the record out to record. if you connect it to the record out you have no control of the output volume and you can use the record out to actually record your sets, just plug it to an input of your A10 and set it up correspondingly in your traktor preferences.
    as far as maschine is concered i have it running through deck d in traktor as a live inout so i can put traktors effects over it. maschines output is automatically the main out of the audio 10. use a rca to connect the main out to input D and then connect output D to the leftest channel of your mixer. then put deck D as live input in your traktor preferences.
    you can easily sync maschine and traktor with letting traktor send midi signal and then sync maschine to external midi. worked without setting up anything for me.
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Tech Wizard

Many many thanks! Ok routing is working but I am not synced at all... Any clues?

I plugged a midi cable from the out of Maschine to the in of the audio 10, then plugged an RCA to the main out of Audio 10 to input D in of Audio 10, then I used another RCA from output D out to channel D of the mixer. Is that correct?
    The option send midi clock in traktor is ticked and in the audio tab of maschine's audio and midi setting I have the device set up to audio 10. Still I'm not synced...

Am i going in the wrong direction?
    Last edited by j0h4n; 10-22-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Did you set Maschine to sync to external clock?

Also, you can skip the MIDI cables and use Traktor's virtual MIDI output to send directly to the Maschine software.

You don't need to use a MIDI cable to sync Maschine and Traktor, you can do as this fella said -

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    you can skip the MIDI cables and use Traktor's virtual MIDI output to send directly to the Maschine software.
    Watch this Dubspot tutorial here, it will guide you perfectly on how to sync the two together.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Wizard

Many thanks ya'll my new setup is working yo!

Tech Wizard

Hey again, I just checked the Chris Liebing How I play video and was wondering how Maschine could run on the mic/return channels and still be synced with traktor?

Also would you invest in ableton (would live, maschine and traktor work on one and only computer)? Or in some hardware effects? I just want to make sure I'm getting the most out of that beast that is the 92.

Thanks for your comments and advices!

J.

I haven't watched the video, but from all your comments it seems like you are confused about MIDI vs. audio channels (you initially mentioned a fictional "MIDI to RCA cable"). MIDI connections don't carry any audio. All you need to "sync" with Traktor is some sort of MIDI connection (doesn't have to be hardware) between the 2 programs that tells Maschine information on BPM, etc.

In the video (which, again, I haven't watched) I'm assuming that both Maschine and Traktor are running on the same computer. The SYNC magic occurs most likely through Traktor's virtual MIDI, so the programs are communicating internally. It doesn't matter how he is routing the audio output. These things are independent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast