Xone92, X1, audio10, Traktor + Maschine - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    I replied in your NI forum thread but since you've been here today here we go:

You'll need at least the UFX if you want to only use 1 soundcard. 12 analogue outputs, but you'll need to use the headphone outs on the front that can be used for unbalanced RCA outs.

UC & UCX only have the 8 analogue outs, and 2 of these are headphone. I have a UC and have a custom loom with 6 x NP2X (Neutrik TS) and 1 x NP3RX (Neutrik Right Angle TRS) going to 8 x RCA giving me 4 Traktor decks out. Don't get me wrong, the sound is so much better from the Fireface but without my custom loom it would take twice as long to patch in at the gig. I do however find that my TA10 is easier to work with due to all connections I need on the back, with a straight 8x8 RCA loom, with latency at 192 samples working well for me being able to drop things dead on beat with my X1mk2's.

From your above statement of "for a total of 18I/O", are you thinking of running the UC with your TA10? If so, it's a massive overkill. As a starting point you'd get away with adding in a TA2mk2 to your TA10 for a total of 14 outputs ...

That is unless you're ultimately looking to go with 2 x UC to give you 12 matched analogue outputs, easily racked together and loomed up ready to plug into the 92. This setup would give you some of the lowest latency gear around ... I know that my UC can run at 64 samples without issues although I normally run it at 128 (just one of those peace of mind things).

Anyhow, I think that the TA2mk2 path would be the cheapest easiest way to get it all working first, then maybe look at selling off the TA10 for your first UC, then add a second UC down the track. Or if you're cashed up after Christmas and New Years gigs, get a pair of UC here and now
    Oh ok thank Frankle!

I just saw the post on NI forums.

Many thanks for your answers I see things clearly now!!!

The only thing I'm very worried about running a UC + a TA10, or a TA 6 (or TA2MKII) + a TA 10 is the latency problem since I will have to agreggate them.
    What's your take on this?

I know that 2 UC would be the best option but it's a bit expensive for now... I am therefore looking at maybe adding a TA6 to the setup...

Also have you ever heard of the Echo AudioFire 12? It has 12 annalog in and out...

I believe it can also be a good pick, no?

On another note : where do you play in Melbourne? My wifes' sister lives there with her husband. He is from Melbourne.

Thanks for your help.

J.

No need to aggregate anything. Traktor only uses 1 soundcard, but Ableton can use 2, TA2mk2 for 4 outputs, and the TA10 for input.

I've done a basic setup using my TA10 and Z1 (basically a TA2mk2 soundcard). I'll upload a screenshot later (posting from iPad) ...

You'll need to setup Maschine to have its own outputs from Ableton, let's say use (in my example) Z1 1/2 (stereo), and then your Ableton Effects Bus will be TA10 3/4 (stereo) input and Z1 3/4 (stereo) output. You will need to mess around with the buffer size a little to get the right CPU load, and then get your midi offset right so beats line up.

Regarding side note: I play commercial gigs these days (cheese pays the bills, lol), The Exchange Hotel Port Melbourne on Friday nights, and I'm on the roster for Transport Hotel at Federation Square in Melbourne CBD playing most Saturdays, sets vary from 3 hours standard to 6 hours (like this Sat, 8-2). Both gigs are a mixture of current top 40 remixes, R&B and what I call remixed retro, so old tracks that people know with a decent beat behind them. Remix decks are starting to be my friend with remixed retro, allowing me to use the original older tracks with a variety of loop samples under them to give them some decent thump.
    Anyhow, enough shameless self promotion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71870188@N08/11716564734/

So what's the best way for me to link a photo or screenshot? Is there somewhere better to host these than Flickr? I tried uploading it directly but it squashed it so much that it wasn't easy to read ... Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by frankle; 01-02-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: change image host

Tech Wizard

Aite thanks for the captcha and the tutorial! let me try that! I'll get a TA6 first and sell it for a UC if latency is an issue...

Cheese pay the bills indeed! hehehe!

Cheers,

J.

Tech Wizard

Just ordered a TA6 crossing fingers for the setup to work.

On an another note just trying to figure out what is magda using as a controller or effects in this vid on the left side of the 92 beside the K2?

Thanks yall

J.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    So what's the best way for me to link a photo or screenshot? Is there somewhere better to host these than Flickr? I tried uploading it directly but it squashed it so much that it wasn't easy to read ... Thanks!
    Use imgur with a direct link to the image rather than the hosting site.

Here's your fullsize Flickr file anyway

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3675/1...f5da1bc7_b.jpg
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Frankle, or anyone, the guys at the store sent me a komplete Audio 6 instead of a TA6. Do you think I should send it back or can I use the KA6 for what I want to achieve i'm quite lost there. I don.t need the scratch option, i only need to plug maschine via live on the 92 and use aux 1 and 2 for effects' on all 4 decks of traktor... Please guys help me. Thanks

Edit : Nevermind the Ka6 is cheaper than the Ta6 they made a mistake I'm calling them Monday...
    Last edited by j0h4n; 01-11-2014 at 06:10 PM.

Tech Guru

The KA6 only has 2 analogue stereo outs; the 3rd out is digital which won't work on the 92
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The KA6 only has 2 analogue stereo outs; the 3rd out is digital which won't work on the 92
    Yeah I figured when I opened the box and read the material... I'm gonna call the shop on monday...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123