I need your track finding experience!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I need your track finding experience!

So this year I participated in a little festival called Burning Man. There I was introduced into the world of future garage/Deep house and have completely fell in love. I had heard it before, but needed the right enviroment to truly find appreciation for it. So here's my request, I need more songs with this type of bass:

Specifically at the 1:31 mark. Every time I hear these type of notes brings me back and I want more!! So if you know of a song or have a link, please post it here. Thanks in advance!

-Chris

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=45917

Go through that thread, you should find quite a bit..

Its called jackin house. check out ill phil to get your fix and get you started.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=45917

Go through that thread, you should find quite a bit..
    Cheers, and I have been digging through on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Its called jackin house. check out ill phil to get your fix and get you started.
    Thank you! I have heard a little bit about jackin house, didn't realize thats what this track fell under. I feel a lot of jackin house has a lot of funk elements to it. That's not what I am really looking for in it. I like the vibe that this song uses without the high pitched synths, and a lot more low dirty notes. Like early dubstep without the growl.

Tech Wizard

So... this considered jackin house?

That is not what I'd consider Jackin House. Jackin House has more of a swing to it, disco/funk elements and lots of funky hats on the beat and certainly doesn't tend to have the big basslines present in either of these two songs. Jackin House is very reminiscent of Chicago House from the late 80's/early 90's. That last song sounds a bit more like uptempo deep stuff, but it's definitely not what I'd consider deep house either. May be along the lines of UK garage or just flat out house or something, but UK garage isn't really my sweet spot. And no, that last song is not what I'd consider jackin house either. Neither of those songs are jackin in my book, I'd tend to categorize them as just house.

This is one of my latest mixes and is primarily Jackin House if you want a reference. Definitely different types of tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    That is not what I'd consider Jackin House. Jackin House has more of a swing to it, disco/funk elements and lots of funky hats on the beat and certainly doesn't tend to have the big basslines present in either of these two songs. Jackin House is very reminiscent of Chicago House from the late 80's/early 90's. That last song sounds a bit more like uptempo deep stuff, but it's definitely not what I'd consider deep house either. May be along the lines of UK garage or just flat out house or something, but UK garage isn't really my sweet spot. And no, that last song is not what I'd consider jackin house either. Neither of those songs are jackin in my book, I'd tend to categorize them as just house.

This is one of my latest mixes and is primarily Jackin House if you want a reference. Definitely different types of tunes.

Low Steppa is the underground side where ill phil is the mainstream side.

I went a little harsh there my bad but the main determiner of jackin is an organ style synth with a nasty bassline underneath it. Normally going down or up.

All the guys that play it over here are moving towards even deeper house though, lots are playing the dirtybird records style. ex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3rOTBEDxwc
    Last edited by AllDay; 10-22-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Dirtybird <3

Tech Wizard

Lol, well that escalated quickly.. thank you very much! I have been loading up like crazy! Been digging through electronic crates like I wad back in a record store. I appreciate all the help!

Tech Wizard

Btw, new fave.. Levon Vincent. Hard to find his tracks. Seems mostly puts out tracks on vinyl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast