S4 Browse button broken, need space bar for browse mode!

Default S4 Browse button broken, need space bar for browse mode!

Hey folks,

I searched the forums and couldn't find the answer. The browse button on my S4 seems to be having issues.

Basically it just doesn't work without having to press it 3-4 times. I'd like to start using the spacebar again to enter and exit browse mode but haven't been able to figure out how to do that. Another issue that just started happening is that my cue buttons on decks a and b have suddenly stopped blinking when I enter browse mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is REALLY annoying. TIA.

Tech Guru

The S4 browse mode is different to the spacebar browse mode, which is why the Cue buttons don't flash.

Re-add the standard keyboard mapping within Contoller Manager if it's not working and set the In port correctly.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The S4 browse mode is different to the spacebar browse mode, which is why the Cue buttons don't flash.

Re-add the standard keyboard mapping within Contoller Manager if it's not working and set the In port correctly.
    The cue buttons flashing in browse mode were working just fine. I didn't change any settings at all and they just stopped flashing. I'm assuming it has something to do with the broken browse button.

How do I re-add the standard keyboard mapping within the Controller manager and set the in port correctly? Can you give me some help with that or point me in the right direction? I've been searching but failing.

Tech Guru

Run the Setup Wizard and it should reset your mappings.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Run the Setup Wizard and it should reset your mappings.
    Okay, but if I do that, will the S4's other functions still work? The setup wizard asks if I'm using an external controller. If I choose NO, then what will happen? I just want the added space bar functionality back but I don't want anything else to change.

Tech Guru

Choose the S4 as your external controller in the Wizard, then see what happens.

Okay. Do I need to be plugged in to the S4 before I do that? I really appreciate your help.

Tech Guru

Shouldn't matter whether the S4 is connected or not.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'd skip the wizard and add some commands but first go ahead and add new Generic Keyboard in device menu of controller manager. Enable Learn button to allow mapping and follow this path:

Add In > Layout > Only Browser On
    press Space
    type of controller = button
    interaction mode = toggle

Press Learn again to disengage and test the button.