osx mavericks - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: osx mavericks

Anyone running Db4 on mavericks got a gig this weekend and want to know whether to wait till after the weekend to update .
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

I have a gig this weekend in which I am using Traktor, Audio 6, and X1 but went ahead and updated. After a half hour of mixing, everything seems fine. yolo, profit, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick V View Post
    You may know this if you are a Logic user but Logic X does not support 32bit plug-ins. There are work arounds but nothing perfect. If you do upgrade logic 9 will still be on your PC so you can still use that. All of my NI and Isotope plugs work fine in X. I did lose a few older ones.
    Thanks for the heads up, I believe all of my plugins are 32-bit, so I imagine most of then will not work in Logic X then.. If I download and install Logic X, I'll still be able to use Logic Pro 9 whenever I want right?

Karlos, thank you dude, appreciated.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

@Superfreak, please let me know how you get on with the X1 driver mate, just so I can report back.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Is backing up via time machine to my external HD not enough though?
    Absolutely 100% yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    @Superfreak, please let me know how you get on with the X1 driver mate, just so I can report back.
    Will do mate, thanks. All backed up on Time Machine and downloading Mavericks now, as long as it doesnt take 5 hours, I'll run Traktor with my X1 and see how it all runs.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Tech Guru

This sounds good. Doing the update tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Will do mate, thanks. All backed up on Time Machine and downloading Mavericks now, as long as it doesnt take 5 hours, I'll run Traktor with my X1 and see how it all runs.
    It will probably say it will take 44 minutes but it will take twice as long. It might look like its hanging at "about a minute" left to go , its not hanging, thats normal. When thats done theres another stage that takes about 10 minutes.

Then you will see a dialog showing you the new features. to be honest i skipped that and fired up traktor .

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    It will probably say it will take 44 minutes but it will take twice as long. It might look like its hanging at "about a minute" left to go , its not hanging, thats normal. When thats done theres another stage that takes about 10 minutes.

Then you will see a dialog showing you the new features. to be honest i skipped that and fired up traktor .
    As you do

Okay cheers for the heads up, although tis is just happening.. Screen shot 2013-10-23 at 23.36.13.png

It's just sat like this for the last half hour or so.. There's no 'percentage' status or anything, as there usually is when downloading something, is this supposed to happen?

EDIT:

Okay, it wasn't until I opened up the image i attached until i noticed that little bar with the little blue bit underneath the (X) icon, I'm guessing this is the progress bar yes?
    Last edited by Superfreak; 10-23-2013 at 05:40 PM. Reason: my mistake, possibly.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast