Need speakers for bedroom DJing/Playing for 15-20 people when they are over
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Need speakers for bedroom DJing/Playing for 15-20 people when they are over

Any ideas? I was going to just use my Klipsch 2.1 set but the right speaker just got the wire yanked out of the back while moving things around(oops...)

I am willing to spend up to $300 but I would REALLY like to stay at $200 or less.. I am having a party next friday and need some replacements!!

I know people say active speakers instead of monitors, but would it be better getting a 2.1 system or just a good active speaker system?

Tech Mentor

Small house party? sounds like you only need 1 speaker. IF thats the case then get THIS plus a stand

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0beet View Post
    Small house party? sounds like you only need 1 speaker. IF thats the case then get THIS plus a stand
    Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. My only concern though is bass.. I haven't done much with audio work or anything, but I feel like one active PA speaker may be lacking in bass once people fill a room up? Granted, the room isn't huge, I just want all the bases covered!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj pFunk View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. My only concern though is bass.. I haven't done much with audio work or anything, but I feel like one active PA speaker may be lacking in bass once people fill a room up? Granted, the room isn't huge, I just want all the bases covered!
    "all basses covered" i see what you did there you sneaky you.
    As for bass, I've never had a problem with it at a smaller gig. If i find that the room needs more bass i just crank up the bass knob on the back of the speaker a tad and that solves the problem.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dj pFunk View Post
    Any ideas? I was going to just use my Klipsch 2.1 set but the right speaker just got the wire yanked out of the back while moving things around(oops...)
    Reattach the wire. You don't need a PA system for 15 people - a set of 2.1 speakers is fine.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Reattach the wire. You don't need a PA system for 15 people - a set of 2.1 speakers is fine.
    +1
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

Tech Wizard

I have reattached the wire, it still has no sound coming from it.. Trust me I love those speakers but it could be a coincidence and the speaker died...

craigslist a pair of home stereo speakers and an reciever...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

My apartment is small and I haven't had more then ten or so people in here at once but my M-Audio BX8 D2s monitors are more than enough.

This shows how I have the speakers set up if you care haha: http://instagram.com/p/ZWyWPzgr32/
    Last edited by DJ SB; 10-23-2013 at 03:48 PM.

I use a Behringer Truth monitor for djing around the house, it has plenty of bass in a smaller room, and sounds pretty good for a <$200 setup.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast