Ableton push and traktor + additional question
    Tech Mentor

Default Ableton push and traktor + additional question

I'm trying an Ableton and Traktor combo mapping using the push as an Ableton controller in live mode but a Traktor controller in user mode to control remix decks. However, when switching from user mode to live mode and back, the lights do not light up again to where they are assign. For example: if i assign a pad to be green when playing. If it green and playing when I'm in user mode and switch to live mode and come back then the pad is no longer lit. Has anyone tried this or have any ideas?

Also can anybody explain the cell reverse, cell capture modifier, and cell load modifier. I have tried assigning to a key and use like a normal more modifier but I can't seem to get it to work. I can't find any good info on it either. I'm not sure how to link them or select a sample cell.

Any help would be...uh...helpful?
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrdorianjames View Post
    I'm trying an Ableton and Traktor combo mapping using the push as an Ableton controller in live mode but a Traktor controller in user mode to control remix decks. However, when switching from user mode to live mode and back, the lights do not light up again to where they are assign. For example: if i assign a pad to be green when playing. If it green and playing when I'm in user mode and switch to live mode and come back then the pad is no longer lit. Has anyone tried this or have any ideas?

Also can anybody explain the cell reverse, cell capture modifier, and cell load modifier. I have tried assigning to a key and use like a normal more modifier but I can't seem to get it to work. I can't find any good info on it either. I'm not sure how to link them or select a sample cell.

Any help would be...uh...helpful?
    It seems that controller didn't refresh output on switching to user mode. Try with send monitor state command, map it to mode button and see what happens.

The remix deck modifiers are working in the same layer or modifier state that your cell trigger commands are assigned in. Just to be sure go ahead ind start new mapping. Add a single cell trigger and a remix deck modifiers to test results.

Tech Mentor

Thanks so much, I will try that tonight.
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by mrdorianjames View Post
    Thanks so much, I will try that tonight.
    Worked really well. I will keep working on it and post it when I'm done
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

worked like a charm... thanks! I will post a mapping when i'm done. this will definitely take some time.
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

Thanks, it worked like a charm. I will post my mapping when I'm done with this long and arduous task.

(i've tried posting this message 6 or 7 times. Hopefully, it will go through this time)
    Techno/Experimental

Tech Mentor

This it worked like charm. I will post the mapping when I'm finished.

I keep trying to post a reply but doesn't seem to go through
    Techno/Experimental

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

First seven posts need to be approved by moderators. Glad to see you're back in business!

Luck with that mapping

Tech Mentor

I got that stuff to work but here is the thing. The 9 knob encoders seem to be still controlling live in user Mode/port. I get a feeling that since I'm using the traktor virtual midi connection, it is transmitting to live then user port cc messages. Could this be possible? If so, is there a way to filter the traktor virtual midi port to just send clock messages?
    Last edited by mrdorianjames; 11-05-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Techno/Experimental