Keeping HDD up to date
    Tech Wizard

Default Keeping HDD up to date

I currently have a 250 GB Hard drive(500GB Lacie with 2 partitions) formatted to FAT 32 with all my music. Eventually I would like to solely play off this drive but as of now its a back up for my music on my standard C: drive. I'm looking for any program or application that would essentially update my music folder (delete, move, add, etc) on my Lacie HDD to mimic the music folder on my C: drive as doing this manually can be quite tedious. Any advice or suggestions?
    Setup:Technic 1200's Mk2, Denon DN-X120 Mixer, Korg PadKontrol, Traktor Audio 6, Numark N4. CPU/Software:Lenovo G550/Traktor Pro 2.
    https://www.facebook.com/DJMeash
    https://www.soundcloud.com/djmeash

I'm not positive that this would work, but couldn't you create a shortcut on the new drive, to point to the actual location on the c: drive? It "sounds" like it might work

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotDedYet View Post
    I'm not positive that this would work, but couldn't you create a shortcut on the new drive, to point to the actual location on the c: drive? It "sounds" like it might work
    that is possible yes but no use to the OP as he wants to use the drive on its own therefore all files need to physically be present on the drive itself. to my knowledge there is software out there to do it but im not sure what its called or anything.

maybe do a google search for sequential data backups on google but im sure someone else more knowledgeable will be of more help

Tech Guru

There are plenty of free backup programs out there. I use FreeFileSync which has a range of different synchronisation settings.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB