Don't loose DJtechtools in 2012
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Don't loose DJtechtools in 2012

Sorry a bit off the usual DJ topic, and I don't usually go in for this kind of post but i feel this is important.

There is a very real threat looming to the freedom internet as it stands and this will massively affect small niche sites like our beloved DJTT.

hope you can take time to watch these videos, these guys are huge on youtube and have made a couple of videos to help spread the word and spell out what governments and big media corporations are aiming for in 2012. :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2XPi...rs.com/?p=3730

http://ipower.ning.com/netneutrality2
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

That seems a little dubious. Just one of those video producers that rely on not defining their work as fictional in order to get their shocking videos noticed.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

oh shit.. there goes my global warming scheme.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Global what now? .................
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Like you I am skeptical how it can even be done.
    Time will tell i suppose
    Macbook Pro 13" • TP2 • MFPro Beatmasher • VCI-400 EGE • VCI-100 EGE Arcade NOW SOLD! • Presonus Firebox • Vestax VMC004XLu • SL1210's

Google has a page dedicated to this too:
    "Net neutrality is a major issue as the U.S. considers new telecommunications laws. The U.S. House of Representatives passed its telecommunications bill, H.R. 5252, in May, without adequate net neutrality protections. Now the fight has moved to U.S. Senate. On June 28, the Senate Commerce Committee passed its own telecom bill, S. 2686. While an amendment to the bill that would have added meaningful net neutrality safeguards failed 11-11, this tie vote marks a significant political victory and gives the effort new momentum. The debate now shifts to the full Senate, where advocates will be working to get strong net neutrality language is any bill that the Senate considers." - Google http://www.google.com/help/netneutrality.html

And another - "A note to users about net neutrality" - http://www.google.com/help/netneutrality_letter.html

This isn't a conspiracy, its a real problem !
    Last edited by BentoSan; 08-11-2008 at 08:40 AM.

internet2 is coming and it's going to be run by the big corps, sites like this will stand no chance. Virgin media in the UK have already started the ball rolling for a 2 speed internet, delivering content at high speed for those companies that pay them to, all other websites go in the slow lane.

Also virgin just announced there aiming for 200m/b broadband for 2012 ie just in time for internet2.

Also the new free wifi internet installed in St Pancras station, London, and like communist china, is censoring mildly political/alternative news sites.
    Last edited by jimmymac; 08-11-2008 at 10:41 AM.

rofl that is the biggest joke ive ever seen, i know one of those guys from other videos...

I can see this happening. ISPs are already puttin caps on uploads and downloads. However im hoping things like Verison Fios will fix this because there is so much bandwidth.

I doubt it will ever get too serious though, to many people will get angry if it dose actually happen.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast