Ipad Deejaying!

Thread: Ipad Deejaying!

Tech Wizard

Default Ipad Deejaying!

Does anybody know what controllers work with the ipad? I know the new s2 does with traktor DJ, but what about others, and with other software. If you have any links or info I would appreciate it, because I want to get into ipad deejaying. Thank you

Tech Guru
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Algoriddim's djay 2 is pretty sweet :-)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    Algoriddim's djay 2 is pretty sweet :-)
    The two dj apps I use on IOS are DJ Player and Traktor DJ.

If you prefer Traktor DJ then you are limited to NI controllers Z1/S2/S4

DJ Player has much more choice, makar1 above provided the link to the list.

One thing to note about Traktor DJ, if you use a controller it disables some of the touchscreen controls for filter and FX control.

For this reason there are some complaints about using a controller with Traktor DJ on a ipad. I use my Z1 with an iPhone and due to the layout there is no opportunity to control both filter and fx at the same time, so this does not bother me.

Tech Guru

Beast of a controller there.

If you use Traktor DJ you have to use one of their controllers, in which case I think the S2 is a clear cut winner for portability/versatility. The S4 is a bit of a heffer to lug around size-wise (I know this because I regularly do it!) and that leaves the Z1 for obvious portability choices, but then lack of any major feature set.

I know I could rock a club using just my iPad and a Z1, if you can't you're missing the whole idea of being a DJ, but in my opinion I would avoid the iPad DJing scene just for a bit longer, it's still in it's infancy within the big picture and the iOS 7 update proved that it's not without it's flaws.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1