HELP with setup: Mixer, X1 and Audio 8.
    Tech Convert

Default HELP with setup: Mixer, X1 and Audio 8.

Hey guys,I am a total noob when it comes to hardware stuff so please bear with me,i just borrowed a Tascam X9 and an NI Audio 8 DJ from a buddy, and have no idea how to set it up with my X1 and laptop. I just watched a video on youtube, and connected the multicore cables on the A8 (the 4 colour coordinated cables) to the input 1 and 2 on the mixer (red and white). I then connected the A8 to my laptop via the USB, and the X1 aswell. When i press play on the X1 for any deck it plays within traktor but i can't affect it with the mixer, volume eq etc.Mixer is plugged in etc, settings in Traktor set to external mode, Output routing Deck A to Channel A, Input Deck A to Channel A etc. Audio 8 DJ is selected as the audio device. I don't know what input mode i should be in but tried all three to no avail. I know i am definitely doing something wrong here. Please help me out!

Tech Guru

If you don't have CDJs or turntables you don't need to use Multicore cables. Just connect the Audio 8 outputs to the Line Inputs on the mixer.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

Thanks alot makar1, i did not know that, that makes it MUCH easier. It works now, though there is this substantially loud white noise coming from the mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leisure Club View Post
    Thanks alot makar1, i did not know that, that makes it MUCH easier. It works now, though there is this substantially loud white noise coming from the mixer.
    Have you placed the outputs of the soundcard into a line-in? Is your equipment grounded correctly? What type of mixer are you using?

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

It could be ground loop hum. Usually from your laptop. Unplug your laptop's wall wart from the receptacle/extension cord/power strip and see if it stops.

Can you post a screenshot of your audio output settings in Traktor?
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Tech Convert

I'm using the Tascam X9, the outputs of the A8 goes into the line in on the mixer. I unplugged my laptop cord but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I don't know if my equipment is grounded correctly, on the mixer out I'm running the XLR out into my monitors. I'm at uni atm so cannot screen my traktor settings, but its like i said before - A8 chosen as soundcard, then all outputs routed to their specific channels.

Thanks for all the help guys, the white noise is there, but its not like extremely disruptively loud or anything, could just be like my monitors or something.

So I used to use and audio 8 & Tascam x9 and had no problems with "white noise". Is it possible you have the audio 8 set to phono instead of line?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors