Pro DJing Setup?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Pro DJing Setup?

I want to change my setup for a more professional use. I already have a Numark Mixtrack mk1 (which is very good for basic djing but it's not for advanced) paired with a Pioneer Djm-400 mixer and an Esi Maya 44usb soundcard working with NI Traktor Pro 2.

-My 1st option is to buy 2 Pioneer Cdj-400 (I hate the Cdj-350), if there is somewhere available, paired with my Djm-400 so I will be able to play both with Traktor and cds
    -My 2nd option is to buy a Pioneer Xdj-r1 which also can work both with Traktor and cds
    -My 3rd option is to buy a Pioneer Ddj-sx
    -My 4th option is to buy NI Kontrol S4 mk2 (though I don't like the small platers)

Which is the best option you think? I want to keep playing with Traktor for now and maybe in the future I have the ability to play and with cds too...
    Last edited by nikos13; 10-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.

Tech Convert

I've been using cdj400s with traktor, ddj-sx (with serato, and traktor) and Kontrol S4. I prefer the S4, love that you got all you need in a relatively small space, but my roomie prefers his SX, and my old roomie wouldn't go from cdj to 100% digital for anything in the world.

But since you want to keep playing with traktor I wouldn't go for the SX, since you have to go with an custome mapping, and I haven't tried one that works a hundred precent.

I would either sell everything you have and go for the S4or keep the mixer and buy the cdjs OR keep the mixer and buy an X1 and save ALOT of money, but have more opportunities than with the cdjs. Maybe add an F1 aswell.

In the end it all comes to personal preference.

I think you in some way would be happy with all of the solutions

get the 400s

or at least stay clear of r-1, the pitch faders are a joke

imo

Tech Guru

I got an S4 in April and still not regretting it, awesome piece of kit.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Just got to play in a ddjsx, and the thing is pure gold. Not portable, but if you are going to be playing at home for the next year, do it up!
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

s4
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

you are looking for a more professional look? go for the cdjs. although there are professionals who uses the s4 and ddj sx.
    Pizza | Coke | Burger | Fries | Milkshake
    my RGAS story

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Just got to play in a ddjsx, and the thing is pure gold. Not portable, but if you are going to be playing at home for the next year, do it up!
    Thats the whole reason our crew got the ddjsx is how portable it is compared to any other set up

Tech Mentor

I take the SX out at least three times a week so portability is fine. And all the lights and VU-meters give it the some look and feel as CDJ's and DJM's so I get a lot of positive reactions to this setup.

S4 if you want to learn something new
    SX if you want to look professional and ALSO be able to switch to a cdj system eventually. To the 400s i say NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast