A taste of crowd control....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default A taste of crowd control....

Just wanted to share my first real DJ experience with you all:

So this weekend was my first unofficial "gig." A buddy of mine threw a halloween party and asked me if I would DJ for it so I figured why not, it wouldn't be a tough crowd anyway. So I went early and set up everything for the night and did some sound tests and arranged speakers and what not. What I didn't realize was that he invited so many people So I played my iPod until everyone arrived and then started my set. As the night went, my nerves subsided a bit and I started to get more and more confident in my mix. Gauging people's reactions, it was going well and before I knew it, the entire basement was packed with people.

Now I know this wasn't a huge crowd (about 40 people) but this was my first taste of actually performing, and I have to say the feeling of controlling a crowd and seeing people react so positively to what you are doing is quite an awesome one!
    Mix Setup: Traktor Kontrol S4 // Midi Fighter Spectra // Retina Mabook pro 13" // Traktor Pro 2.6 // Crane Stand Plus // Beats By Dre Studio + Solo HD
    Production Setup: Ableton Live 9 // JBL LSR 305 Monitors // Korg Microkey 25 // Maschine Mikro // Massive // Kontact // FM8 // Zebra 2 // Sylenth1
    Nostalgia Setup: 2 Stanton STR8-80s // Vestax PMC-06pro (Signed by Qbert himself)

Awesome! Glad to hear it went well dude.
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

Awesome.

Tech Wizard

You guys remember your first gigs? how'd they go?
    Mix Setup: Traktor Kontrol S4 // Midi Fighter Spectra // Retina Mabook pro 13" // Traktor Pro 2.6 // Crane Stand Plus // Beats By Dre Studio + Solo HD
    Production Setup: Ableton Live 9 // JBL LSR 305 Monitors // Korg Microkey 25 // Maschine Mikro // Massive // Kontact // FM8 // Zebra 2 // Sylenth1
    Nostalgia Setup: 2 Stanton STR8-80s // Vestax PMC-06pro (Signed by Qbert himself)

Tech Guru

I was a light jock at a club, DJ needed the toilet, showed me the basics. I started practicing and then bam, one night he asked if I wanted to take over for 15 minutes whilst he chatted up some girl and I just went and smashed it for half an hour, worked my way in that way.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Awesome dude sick feeling when your mix is being well received at a party like that, generally those are the toughest crowds anyway

Tech Wizard

Congratulations man, the first few gigs always feels like victories
    My Latest Mix | https://soundcloud.com/limbou
    Be sure to follow me on Soundcloud I'll follow back!

Tech Convert

It is an addictive drug!

my first gig publically was the same mate
    it was for a house party during holloween
    they had such a great time, i came back for T-Giving, Xmas, New Years, Easter, and valentines

every time they did a party just because, they asked me to arrive

Yeah bro it's an awesome feeling. I remember my first big gig was a wedding reception ( I knew the wedding planner) lol. But anyway, I got chills to see everyone on the dancefloor because of the music I was playing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast