Sound Quality
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Quality

Default Sound Quality

To me itīs a never ending problem. You hear a track in a mix, search for it, found it on beatport or some like that, download it, want to hear your pretty new song and than you have a terrible *** sound. some bad vinyl record or I donīt know....
    ...What programs do you use to get the sound a little bit better? I mean programs like wavelab or other mp3 "cleaning" programs.

sorry if we had a post like that.........could not find one.
    Inhale innovation, exhale imitation

I never had a bad beatport track, if it is bad.. the artist should master it better. But I do know that there are sites that give bad quality mp3's if you buy them

Quote Originally Posted by Jah Roc View Post
    sorry if we had a post like that.........could not find one.
    Dude my post on platinum notes is right there.

Anyway i have not had any tracks that i bought from beat port that sounded bad.

yeah i have seen the post...itīs a great program (i think)...but 100 dollar?!?!

and beatport has many many bad sounding files in the breaks genre!! when i download 10 tracks, 3 are terrible! i donīt know how it is in other musicgenres....in the breaks genre many tunes are still just releasted as a vinyl. i think that might be my problem....but it would be fair if beatport would describe those "vinyl recordings" or "digitalized vinyls" as those.

Hmm thats odd

and Platinum Notes is really the only one i know that dose exactly what your looking for. Dont get me wrong you normalize shit and re master it in any program....but that would take alot more time.

Check out the WAVES diamond bundle for all your mastering needs. I swear by this shit.

Hey Jah Roc, I used Sound Forge 8 (PC) to Normalize, run it thru Wave Hammer to compress and limit the audio to -0.5 then save it to 192 Kbps.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

thx i take a look to all of them :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien1138 View Post
    Check out the WAVES diamond bundle for all your mastering needs. I swear by this shit.
    Now we are talking

We should try looking at writing up an article about how to prepare music manually using VST's like these

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by JesC1200 View Post
    Hey Jah Roc, I used Sound Forge 8 (PC) to Normalize, run it thru Wave Hammer to compress and limit the audio to -0.5 then save it to 192 Kbps.
    eww. 192? if it ain't 320 it ain't worth it!!

Actually i much prefer Wavs, especially on a big system. If i'm ever buying tracks from Juno or Beatport etc.. then it has to be WAV.

Mastering wise i use T-racks or Izotope Ozone, but tend to prefer not to add processing to already mastered tracks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast