VJing/Visualizers for a party

Default VJing/Visualizers for a party

Hello all! This is my first post but i've been following the blog for a while now, love everything you all do!

The question i pose is similar to VJ articles that have been on DJtechtools, but none of those articles quite solve my problem.
    I am Djing for our school's student sixth form after-party, where we get a big marquee in a field with visuals and a big speaker system and have a big party. I want to incorporate some kind of visual projection behind the DJ booth, that would be able to run un-touched for most of the time, but be triggered into changing patterns or speeding up at particular moments in songs, either by keyboard shortcut or a midi controller. I would also like to occasionally play video that would not need to be beat synced (ie. Lyric/Music videos for certain songs), and thus would want the video to mix in from the visuals (although this isn't necessary). Ideally all this would run from a secondary computer from an AUX in off the mixer. Does anyone know of software capable of doing all this (baring in mind i currently have no VJ content of my own).

I'd appreciate any help what-so-ever.

Thanks,

Hugh

You could look into Arkaos or similar, but most of the time running an input into another laptop running winamp does the trick.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

+1 for winamp, get milkdrop for the visualiser, brilliant little program to do all sorts of cool visualisations!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

google WhiteCap and GeForce, both are little standalone programs (from the same author) intended for just the thing you need
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

I have the paid version of morphyre which is awesome, doesn't run very smoothly on my machine though. Mostly i use milkdrop with the "Triptonaut" preset pack
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

We run winamp on a standalone maschine at the club, works like a charm

........ Edit...... Oh my god, it's pretty sad when your phone autocorrects, "machine" to "maschine"

Tech Mentor

I was checking into vdmx.( I believe is what its called) pretty cool. Pricey but I was messing with it and found it pretty cool. Mac only. There is also a ganz m4l device that looks pretty cool.
    Traktor Z2, Numark TTX1,Ableton Live 9/Push,Roland TR8,Eurorack modular
    Techno/Experimental

Morphyre, Discobrick, and Aeon for the win.

I use Vizzable. But you'll need Ableton.

where can i find old music videos, preferably 60's-80's? Some of them are very bizarre but interesting. if i had a sample, id show you guys but i dont. i hope you guys know what im talking about. thanks!