Organizing an event - NEED HELP

Default Organizing an event - NEED HELP

Hey DJTT

So i have a couple questions for you guys. A group of local DJs in the Mississauga/GTA area of Ontario are looking to put on a show; with a target audience of a younger age (16-19) from schools around the area.

Right now getting the 500 people to fill the venue we were thinking (Banquet Hall) isn't too hard, but do any of you have a better venue idea? Tips on how to set it up?

Also does anyone have tips as to what a good lighting setup should be like?

I know im asking a lot, and this is a bit of a tough question. I want to know if theres a program where i can type a message while on stage, and have it project onto the screen. I know above and beyond has a way of doing it

It shows the program im looking for here: at 0:51

To be perfectly honest man.... With the rental of the venue and lighting and sound, be prepared to drop $10,000+. But I'm not saying it's not possible, it just takes planning.

I know you want to blow people away with killer visuals but why not for your first gig, focus on some solid sound and good tracks

Tech Wizard

is the event going to be in which season? Knowing Canadian weather... I think that one of those things you would have to consider.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I know im asking a lot, and this is a bit of a tough question. I want to know if theres a program where i can type a message while on stage, and have it project onto the screen. I know above and beyond has a way of doing it
    ipad + ivj pro or Vjay + Visuals Content pack + HDMI cable + Projector + Screen

You'll need content as well - search VJ loops in google.

Renting the projector should not cost a fortune for 500 people, I'm sure someone involved has an iPad, and the screen you can DIY with white spandex stretched across a wooden frame so long as you fireproof it ($20-30)

One thing to be careful of is getting too involved with trying to DJ and Do visuals stuff at the same time, I'd seriously consider getting one of your mates to play around with it rather that trying to do it yourself.